Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
quick Q. i had a shop put my new wheels on but when they did they stripped two studs on each front wheel. they are denying it saying hat they hand torque every nut by hand to 100ftlb but thats bullshitanyways i gotta replace the studs. what do i have to do to swap the studs.i presume i have to pull off the hub. but anything further than that im not sure of.

·
Registered
33,541 Posts
take a big hammer, pound out the old studs, pound new studs in, thats how i do it, i dont take off shit

but an air hammer makes the install alot easier

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ya i know that but theres not much i can do now,but i need to know what is involved in geting the old ones out and the new ones in? the car is a 2003 civic by the way.

·
Registered
20,271 Posts
jon said:
take a big hammer, pound out the old studs, pound new studs in, thats how i do it, i dont take off shit

but an air hammer makes the install alot easier
hondas are the same as other cars? i hate using air hammers for wheel studs...

i usually set them in den impact it on with the wheels to pull them in.

i hate the ones that dont enough clearance den you got cut or sand the round part a bit

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
once again, it looks like i have to pull the hub. there is not enough room for the stud to come out without it hitting the back plate.i know that most of the time ,yes, you can drift them out.not in this case

·
Registered
20,271 Posts
95civhb said:
once again, it looks like i have to pull the hub. there is not enough room for the stud to come out without it hitting the back plate.i know that most of the time ,yes, you can drift them out.not in this case
ive never paid attention does the plate come off?

·
Registered
33,541 Posts
NationsMostWanted said:
hondas are the same as other cars? i hate using air hammers for wheel studs...

i usually set them in den impact it on with the wheels to pull them in.

i hate the ones that dont enough clearance den you got cut or sand the round part a bit
i love air hammering wheel studs

i pretty much just like air hammering stuff

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.