Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got 1995 accord lx with 72,400 miles. Do you think I should change the timing belt right away or do i need to wait till 90k.
I called several shop including honda and they told me to get it done because my car is over 6 years old. What do you think guys?
How much does it cost?
thank you

·
Registered
231 Posts
dont fuck yourself over...get it done now...if u breaks while ur driving ur gonna damage your engine...freakin 150 bucks now instead of 4grand later...

·
Registered
2 Posts
TIMING BELT

I HAVE A 93 AND A 95 ACCORD....AND I USED TO WORK FOR A HONDA DEALER......TIMING BELTS SHOULD BE DONE EVERY 60K....YOUR CAR HAS 2 TIMING BELTS...WHEN DOING THE JOB ITS RECCOMENDED TO CHANGE THE WATER PUMP AS WELL AS 3 ENGINE SEALS....CAM SEAL, CRANK SEAL AND BALANCER SEAL....I JUST HAD MINE DONE 2 WEEKS AGO..COST ME 150 IN PARTS AND 200 FOR LABOR....

·
Registered
296 Posts
i live in atlanta and ed voyles honda charged me $700 for my 5th gen to get the belt replaced i got ripped, you can try hennessy honda up in woodstock, just bought a 6th gen from there, nice people

·
Registered
55 Posts
hey culmination, those headlights are'nt stock in that pic are they? If not, what brand name are they mate? I'm a bit of noob but I'm looking to replace my 95 accords stock tail lights and head lights but don't know which ones to order (our local mod dealer quoted me 160 usd for tail lights, but I know I can get 'em cheaper on the net). Thanks in advance mate.

-pooh

·
Registered
4,608 Posts
pooh said:
hey culmination, those headlights are'nt stock in that pic are they? If not, what brand name are they mate? I'm a bit of noob but I'm looking to replace my 95 accords stock tail lights and head lights but don't know which ones to order (our local mod dealer quoted me 160 usd for tail lights, but I know I can get 'em cheaper on the net). Thanks in advance mate.

-pooh

i cleared it myself. take a long ass time to do it but i saved $100.

by the way for headlights, tailights etc.. you should pay more than $100.

·
Registered
4,608 Posts
pooh said:

-pooh

·
Registered
55 Posts
Culmination, what does "clearing" the headlights involve?(clueless) Is it something I can do on my own or is it too complicated for a noob? Looks like a beaut though mate. Thanks in advance and cheers.

·
Registered
4,608 Posts
pooh said:
Culmination, what does "clearing" the headlights involve?(clueless) Is it something I can do on my own or is it too complicated for a noob? Looks like a beaut though mate. Thanks in advance and cheers.
clearing just means getting rid of the orange reflector lens. for my car i had to take out the front bumper, take out the headlights. and then get a heat gun/sauder to melt the glue thats holding the headlight assembly...then take out the orange reflectors. after all this, put everything back together.

·
Registered
387 Posts
I'm replacing my timing belt and changing the water pump for $80. I've already done it on 2 other hondas. And also I got a qoute from the Honda dealership and they told me you have to replace it every 9 years or 90,000 miles. My car has 78,000.

·
Registered
105 Posts
I just got mine done couple days ago. My car has 88,000 miles and I'm sure it could have gone longer without timing belt changed. While you're doing your timing belt, change the water pump, balancer belt, and all the drive belts. They also changed a gasket or something that they said Accords had a lot of problems with. All together, it cost me about $500. Hope that helps you out.

·
Registered
2,289 Posts
culmination said:

i helped a friend of mine cleared his head lights and i must say it looks better than AEMs. but man it was a bitch taking it apart and cleaning up the glue, that stuff is sticky as hell. you also forgot to mention that you need to use an RTV silicone to seal it up again.

·
Registered
55 Posts
culmination, reflector lights as in signal lights right? could'nt I just buy corner lights to replace 'em? (they're 15-20 bucks on the web) I also recalled reading there were some legal issues with driving without orange signal lights, is there any truth to this? Thanks culm.

-pooh

·
Registered
4,608 Posts
pooh said:
culmination, reflector lights as in signal lights right? could'nt I just buy corner lights to replace 'em? (they're 15-20 bucks on the web) I also recalled reading there were some legal issues with driving without orange signal lights, is there any truth to this? Thanks culm.

-pooh
some cars have white bulb with orange reflectors... which makes the light turn orange... some cars have orange bulb with no reflector. in my honda accord (6th gen) it was an orange reflector with white bulb.. so i had to take out the orange reflector.

and definitly yes.. here in californa they can pull you over with anything.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.