Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 66 Posts

· Registered
39 Posts
right......Too bad i bought my GS-R myself and now own my own buisness and am on the wya to making well over a $100,000/yr. Don't wanna gloat but i dun like being called spoiled. I get what i deserve and so does everyone else. I work my ass off and don't sleep.

My car Time Line is
April: 2002 NSX
July: CBR600F4I
October: Skyline GT-R 34
March: Lambo

Late y'all

· Registered
1,319 Posts
alright, let's figure this out...

BlAdZ01 claims that he's "on his way" to making $100,000 a year, owning his own business. Using the Kelley Blue Book's online car quote tool, let's figure out how much he will be spending on his cars in the coming year.

My car Time Line is
"April: 2002 NSX"
Assuming he goes with the MANUAL transmission, not auto, he will be paying:
ACURA NSX-T MANUAL 3.2L VTEC -- BASE MODEL PRICE WITH DESTINATION CHARGE invoice 79958.26 retail 89745.00

Then, in July he's getting a Honda CBR600F4I, which is not in the KBB database (as a motorcycle), but goes for a recommended retail price of $8,199, according to American Honda's homepage.

In fall, once the pleasant summery days have passed and he wants some four-wheel traction for those wintery roads, he's getting a Skyline GTR 34. Granted, the Skylines are also not in the KBB database, since they are not made in the U.S. "Motorex" is the primary direct importer of new Skylines that I am familiar with, so I referenced their website to find the price of an imported R34 Skyline. Here is their page, check the "stock list" to see that a new (well, 120 miles, but that's pretty new to me) R34 goes for $95,500.

And finally, on Blade's shopping list is a "Lambo" next march. Now, "Lambo" is not very specific, but I will give him the benefit of the doubt and assume he wants the cheapest current model available. This is the year-2000 Diablo VT 6.0 roadster, which retails for $274,900 U.S. according to
Lambocars.com, a Lamborghini enthusiast website.

But we're not finished yet. Remember that this kid will be needing INSURANCE for these vehicles. I entered my own zip code, which is in fairly crime-free, middle-class Irvine, CA. Taco Bell, Canon, Saleen (the ones that make the S7 supercar), and Western Digital, among many other high class companies call Irvine their home, so insurance is quite cheap here compared to many cities across the country.

Next, I went to insweb.com, which is a website that compares the databases of many insurance providers, for the purpose of finding the lowest available quotes. Here are the assumptions I've made about Mr. Blades01 (I give him the benefit of the doubt on everything, this is assuming no prior driving record trouble).

All vehicles stored in a full garage, not on the street.
Assuming he got his license when he was 16 (gives him more time to practice, he's less dangerous a driver)
Assuming NO moving violations/accidents ever.
Assume he lives with his parents.
Assume vehicles are used for "pleasure," not for commutes.
Assume 4000 miles per vehicle per year.
Selected "standard coverage," by insweb, which includes:
- $100k/300k liability
- $50k property damage
- $5k medical payments
- $100k/300k uninsured motorist liability
- $3.5k uninsured motorist prop. damage

$500 damage deductibles on each vehicle

He has never graduated from an accredited 2 or 4 year college degree program (being that he's fresh out of high school, prom picture on the 2by2.net site and all).

And... ... ... ... waiting for it to process his quote.

Oops, sorry to be anticlimactic, but the AAA, AIG, Allstate, Amica, Atlanta Casualty, CNA, CSE, Financial, GE, GMAC, Great American, Hartford, John Hancock, Infinity, Kemper, National Merit, North American, Progressive, Republic Indemnity, Sun Life, Travelers, Tri-state, Western, and Zurich insurance companies ALL refused to offer our boy any coverage at all. So unless he's got an extra million or so to set aside as insurance capital collateral, or a very good lawyer and lots of extra money, he will not be able to insure these cars, and thus it will be illegal to drive them.

So let's total up the cost of his cars for the next 12 months, and see how much they'll cost (leaving the 'It's-impossible-for-an-18-year-old-to-insure-these-vehicles' conundrum aside). All vehicles are including tax and destination.

NSX - $96924.00
Honda bike - $9256.00
Skyline - $103,300.00
"Lambo" - $297,000.00

For a grand total of... are you ready?

$506,480.00

plus, the aforementioned thorn in the side called insurance . Now, it's been a while since I took the SAT's (and got an 800 on Math), but to me, that $500k plus seems a bit more than the "I'm on my way to earning $100k a year" budget junior's got to work with.

I admit that my parents gave me my car, but only after I earned a full academic scholarship that gave me a free ride through college. I don't see what Mr. BlAdEz01 could have done to earn that kind of money on his own, short of a billionaire uncle dying and leaving him an oil fortune. Besides, if *you* owned a legit company, would you employ a firm run by an 18-year old "e-commerce consultant?" Could he be the next Bill Gates? I think not. :sleep:

· Registered
2,076 Posts
The only business he might own is the one daddy *might* some day give him.

Sorry BLaDz01, but your just dumb as fu(k coming on here saying your getting an NSX when you turn 18. and then trying to say your getting a skyline. I'll still be on this board in october, and i cant wait to see pictures when you get in your brand new skyline. I think your dreaming, I love dreams like that, but I DONT COME ON SHO AND ACT LIKE THEIR REAL! COME ON!:mad:

· Registered
1,319 Posts
Just out of curiosity, I was browsing BlAdz01's homepage at 2by2.net. If you click on "rep signup," you get a terms of representation of sorts (for a person to "work for" 2by2.net). Among some excerpts from this page are:

"A note to potential Independent Representatives "
"ON NO ACCOUNT MAKE OR DISPLAY ANY INCOME CLAIMS"
"never boast about anyone's income."

(uh oh, bragging about making "almost $100k a year" soudns like boasting about income to me)

"2BY2.NET IS A CUSTOMER ACQUISITION COMPANY THAT TEACHES OTHERS HOW TO ACQUIRE CUSTOMERS FOR THEIR OWN INTERNET ECOMMERCE BUSINESSES. REPRESENTATIVES CAN MAKE AN INCOME WITHOUT AN ORGANIZATION."

hmmm, does anyone else smell multi-level marketing scheme? I see he just "owns" his own pyramid of 2by2.net subscribers, and from their "this could be you!" income charts, he's "on his way" to developing "marketing synergy" and making $100,000+ a year!!! hmm, I wonder how much he paid them for the "startup kit."

Online scams like this one used to work in... oh, 1997, when no one understood the Internet, but since then (technology bubble in the stock market, anyone?) you might have noticed that people have wised up a bit about companies that claim to be able make money online from thin air.

· Registered
2,328 Posts
Fulgore243 said:
so, in conclusion, I would like to offer a little something to Mr BlAdZ01.

Hahahahahah thank you ... and to bladez the only skyline ur gonna own is your plastic model u bullshitter :rolleyes: ... now seriously, u drive a GSR, not an NSX

1 - 20 of 66 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.