1 - 14 of 14 Posts

· Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
CivicSiRacer said:
Hey Aj :)

Next event is on http://www.autox4u.com

I think it's March 9th :)
awe, that's what I was afraid of. I though they might have one this weekend.

Oh well, looks like I will be going through autocross withdrawl for the next couple weeks. :eek:

haha, thanks for the info though.

good luck, and drive safe,

aj :)

· Registered
1,833 Posts
ajn said:

awe, that's what I was afraid of. I though they might have one this weekend.

Oh well, looks like I will be going through autocross withdrawl for the next couple weeks. :eek:

haha, thanks for the info though.

good luck, and drive safe,

Yeah I thought there was one this weekend too that I would miss cause Im going home to visit family in NJ. :)

My car is ready to kick butt :) Just need to add some washers to fix the rear camber.

· Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hey,

Thanks for letting me know. I also got an e-mail from a friend, Eric Carmen, who also mentioned the March 17 event. I just pre-registered for it.

I am interested in the March 8th event. I just sent out my application for my SCCA license. Don't know when I will receive it though.

Do you think that it's already full?

thanks for the info guys.

drive safe,

· Registered
1,833 Posts
AJ did you see this pic?

Me this past weekend at VIR (Virginia International Raceway) for my first HPDS (High Performance Driving School) held by NASA :) Wee fun!

· Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
That looks like a bunch of fun man.

I just signed up for Friday at the Track for March 22 at Summit Point Raceway.

I can't wait. I hope the turbo can last!:confused:

What did you use to cover up your headlights? Looks really clean.

Who took the picture? Was it that company called TrackCam?

just curious.

Man! I can't wait till I can start autocrossing again.

I am in the middle of installing my rear disc brakes as we speak.

are you going to the NJ event on March 9?

drive safe,

aj

· Registered
1,833 Posts
ajn said:
That looks like a bunch of fun man.

I just signed up for Friday at the Track for March 22 at Summit Point Raceway.
I can't wait. I hope the turbo can last!:confused:
What did you use to cover up your headlights? Looks really clean.
Who took the picture? Was it that company called TrackCam?
just curious.
Man! I can't wait till I can start autocrossing again.
I am in the middle of installing my rear disc brakes as we speak.
are you going to the NJ event on March 9?
drive safe,
aj
If you do track days with your turbo make sure you do a cool down lap and maybe when you pull into the pits leave the car running for about 5 minutes.
For my headlights I used Painter's tape. Found at Walmart or HomeDepot. Usually comes in blue peels up without residue. Used to paint boarders around wallpaper and trim.

Forget what the company's name was - wasn't TrackCam.

I'll be there mostlikely for the March 9th event.

· Registered
484 Posts
ajn said:
Hey,

I am interested in the March 8th event. I just sent out my application for my SCCA license. Don't know when I will receive it though.

Do you think that it's already full?
Generally for the MWCSCC events, registration is on their website 3 weeks before the event (usually a Sunday) at 8:00pm. There might be a way to pre-register for it through the SCCA though.

Hey CivicSiRacer, how'd you like VIR? I thought you were going to the Speedtrial one tomorrow and day after.

· Registered
1,833 Posts
Poboy said:
Hey CivicSiRacer, how'd you like VIR? I thought you were going to the Speedtrial one tomorrow and day after.
I loved it. 3.1 miles of pure esses and straightaways :) Really got to push my car (legally) and see what my car was made of. I couldn't afford to go to both events and since I would like to race in the Honda Challenge someday I went with the NASA HPDS instead.

· Registered
484 Posts
CivicSiRacer said:

I loved it. 3.1 miles of pure esses and straightaways :) Really got to push my car (legally) and see what my car was made of. I couldn't afford to go to both events and since I would like to race in the Honda Challenge someday I went with the NASA HPDS instead.
Does that mean Autocrossing has lost another one to the track? ;)

Do you have a roll cage in that thing? That and the cost of HPDE's are what's holding me back at the moment.

· Registered
1,833 Posts
Poboy said:

Does that mean Autocrossing has lost another one to the track? ;)

Do you have a roll cage in that thing? That and the cost of HPDE's are what's holding me back at the moment.
No you haven't lost me to track days. There is no way I can afford to fork out that much cash every month :)

Nope no roll cage needed for HPDS. You are in a controlled environment like autocross but the speeds are a bit higher almost highway.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.