Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My car is a 92 si. I bought some brembo cross drilled rotors for my car and they didn't fit. I measured the stock rotor, it was 9.5". The brembos were 10.3". I did some research, and found out that 96+ Civic EXs came with 10.3" rotors and do 94+ Integras. And after some more research, I discovered that it is possible to make the 10.3" rotors fit by using steering knuckles and calipers from either the 94+ Integra or 96+Civic EX. I picked up those parts from a local honda salvage yard for $120. The front driver side assembly was from a 95 integra and consisted of the caliper,knuckle and spindle amoungst other things. Passenger side was the same deal, except that the whole assembly was from a 94 integra. To my horror, both spindles had bad bearings. $106 dollars later, the new bearings were pressed in, and everything was put back with the new components. The rotors looked great sitting behind my 16's. Messing with the suspension, I noticed that I threw the camber and toe settings all out of whack. Since I have an Ingalls camber kit in the front, I tried to set the camber back to stock settings. The driver side looked OK, but the passenger side was were the problem was. I bottomed out the kit trying to set the camber back to normal. Most people have a problem with too much negative camber, but with me its opposite. I have zero camber. People that know about camber, know that hondas have about 0.5 degrees negative camber. On top of that, passenger side now has about 5mm more offset then the driver side.
I'm guessing that I have a bad spindle on the passenger side, but I'm not completely sure. If anyone knows what my problem might be or have any comments please reply.

· Registered
1,633 Posts
Changing out the rotors on your car shouldn't even involve messing with the camber/alignment/toe issues.

FYI, I think only the Civic SI came with the larger 10.3" brakes. I do know that all 90+ tegs share the same brake rotor size though. So size and calipers should be the same. Only difference is the ITR which has 5 bolts and is 11.1"

· Registered
6,555 Posts
as far as i know the 94+ integras all have the same size brakes with the exception of the type r. so all gsr/ls/gs/special edition all have 10.3 rotors.
and i though that 92+ civics si/ex and del sol vtec have 10.3'' rotors in the front

· Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
sorry man, I measure my stock rotors and they were 9.5". As for the alignment issue, I could clearly see that my car is towing out after the brake swap. But tow I could get fixed at any alignment shop. Its that passenger side front wheel that's popping out about 5mm that's got me stressed. The guy at the honda salvage yard said that if I'm havig problems with that spindle, I could just take it in and swap it for (hopefully) a better one. Although he said, "We don't get wrecked cars from Japan."
Another thing that I was thinking that might have caused the problem is that maybe the guy who pressed in the new bearing on the passenger side didn't press it in all the way. But I also heard that in order to place the snap ring onto the bearing, it has to be pressed in all the way.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.