Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
sup yall

i recently got my h and r sport springs for my 96 gsr....I'm a broke college student so I can't afford the labor charge right now....I want to install them myself but I need to find out how and what tools I'll need.....can anybody help??.....thanx in advance

·
Registered
327 Posts
the easiest way to uncompress the stock springs is to leave the car on the ground, then remove the nut onthe top of the spring hat. the weight of the car will hold the spring down. slowly jack up the car and the spring will uncompress itself you then simply remove the spring. you will not need to worry about it on the reinstall as the new springs will be shorter.

·
Registered
26 Posts
you can do it that way, but for safety I would suggest using a spring compressor. Lots of places will rent them out to you, just call around and find one.

·
Registered
2,575 Posts
This is a HOW-TO for a coil-over suspension kit...but its the same when doing drop-springs.

Coil Over installation - How To

EDIT: You will need to rent a spring compressor inorder for you to take out and instal the new springs. And remember to trim the bumpstops according to the suggested spec.

·
Registered
211 Posts
actually i think the best manual you can get for your car is the year service/shop manual from your acura dealership kinda expensive but well worth it

·
Registered
327 Posts
if you do it the way i said you can use the car as the spring compressor. this is actually safer than a spring compressor.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts