Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
where can i jack up the car in the front? everytime i jack up my car for an oil change, my jack stand seems to leave an indentation
on the under side of my car; the reason being is that the two side
lids (used for lifting the car) that come down is not long enough to rest on the center of the jack causing the U-shape arms of the
jack to sit on underside and parts of the body.

· Premium Member
9,316 Posts
Under the front of the bumber towards the drivers side. It's a flat piece of the frame. Just make sure you jack it up slow, and make sure your not bending anything.

· Registered
1,648 Posts
get a hydro-jack, and put it right under your cross member. it's the long piece of metal stretching from wheel to wheel, right under your header. lift the car high enough and throw a couple jack stands on each side.

· Registered
11,248 Posts
I got the impression that he is saying that his jack stands are what is leaving the impression. you may just need to invest in a different set of jack stands. I tried using a friends and couldn't use them because they left indentations. I later bought a cheap pair of 2-ton jackstands that are very shallow, so they fit under the chassis jacking points without leaving indentations in the side skirts.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.