Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been hanging out here trying to learn as much as I can but I'm still not good enough to take an engine apart on my own and replace parts. I'm wondering if there's a book specifically for honda modding which would help? Or if there's any online websites to go to. Anything really. Hell, even a class. I'm just interested in modding a car on my own. Any help? :bh

·
Registered
6 Posts
To learn more about your Honda I suggest hands on. Thats how I learned the best. What I did not know I looked up on the net. The net is a wonderful place to find info. Also just keep visiting different Honda Forums there are many people with vast knowledges of cars. Good Luck with everything you do!

·
Registered
5,438 Posts
minimefastgurl said:
To learn more about your Honda I suggest hands on. Thats how I learned the best. What I did not know I looked up on the net. The net is a wonderful place to find info. Also just keep visiting different Honda Forums there are many people with vast knowledges of cars. Good Luck with everything you do!

well, hands on is the best way to go, but make sure you have at least an idea of what you plan to do and you have somebody to watch and make sure you dont damage your car...

·
Registered
321 Posts
I say hands on and talking to people that know what they are talking about, like shop owners. I talk to shop owners and learn alot from them.

·
Retired *********
2,995 Posts

·
Registered
693 Posts
tron said:
This may be what you are looking for. I have both these books vol. 1 & 2. It is sort of speak the "bible" for Honda performance. You will learn probably everything you want to know about modding a Honda engine.
Volume 1:

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/t...f=sr_1_1/102-7631605-0610566?v=glance&s=books

Volume 2:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/reader/188...605-0610566?_encoding=UTF8&p=S001#reader-page

There are also others you can search for, these are probably the best ones IMO. Good luck. :tu
i have just about all of the honda performance books you can buy, they are very helpful

·
Registered
798 Posts
go pick up a blown engine from a friend or something, usually free or hella cheap.

Then tear that fucker apart one piece at a time, and try to put thing back together.

It's better to do it this way then to do it on your actual car at first.... who knows, at least this way if you fuck something up it's not gonna keep you stranded for a week.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.