Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Are there places in Nor Cal where I can practice doing circuit runs.
A place that's not too expensive. I'm not ready to compete,
and I don't want to street race, so where can I practice?

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Holy crap! That's expensive. If there a cheap place to practice instead of competing?

·
Registered
1,564 Posts
ib042129 said:
Holy crap! That's expensive. If there a cheap place to practice instead of competing?
look around the site a lil more....there's a solo2 practicing event for 35 bux, 25 if you're a scca member. the only thing cheaper than that is on the streets and that's just stupid.

·
Premium Member
33,658 Posts
RoliPoliAzn said:
look around the site a lil more....there's a solo2 practicing event for 35 bux, 25 if you're a scca member. the only thing cheaper than that is on the streets and that's just stupid.
:nod

The practice events are a good way to get your feet wet. Usually you get teamed up with an instructor, they teach you the rules/safety, how to walk a course, etc. and you get way more passes then at a competition.

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Shiba-Kun said:
:nod

The practice events are a good way to get your feet wet. Usually you get teamed up with an instructor, they teach you the rules/safety, how to walk a course, etc. and you get way more passes then at a competition.
I found the SOLO2 events, they are preetty cheap, but
can't seeem to find the practice events info.
Can I get a linky to that?

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Shiba-Kun said:
Ahahaha! Nobody said the gentle activity of motorsports would be cheap. :D
I see the street racing appeal now.

·
Registered
1,564 Posts
ib042129 said:
I see the street racing appeal now.
street racing is so overrated. i'd much rather pay 200 bucks to race at california speedway or 20 bux to race at the drag strip than racing on the street and getting a 4k ticket, impounded car for a month, and 6 month suspended license.

·
Registered
1,880 Posts
Just come to an autocross event and run your car as it is. Easiest and safest way to do it. Don't worry about being competitive, no one is when its their first time. I'm slowly getting into road racing but it takes a dedicated car which I don't have. And Opak Racing (the guys who run the Spoon DC5, S2k, and Fit) are looking for MR2 road racers too. Once in a lifetime opportunity but unfortunately I can't commit to it.

If you want to go a bit further, try this:
http://www.unlimitedlaps.com/eventinfo.html

·
Registered
1,564 Posts
Boosted MR-S said:
I am talking to some local shop owners who might let me and some friends use there facility at night for a few hours for drifting. Ill keep everyone posted on the what happens.
sweet, i wanted to start drifting my hatch. now i just need some fender flares with 0 offset gram lights.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.