Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been reading about detailing clay and polishing my car because it looks like crap right now and I just can't afford a new paint job. I went out and about today to find some of this clay and had no luck. I went to Wal-mart first with nothing. Then, I went to the major car parts stores around town and had no luck with them either. I went to Napa, Auto Zone, and Shucks. They had all the polish you could want but no clay. Do they hide this stuff behind the counter? Am I going to have to order this stuff online and if so where? Thanks.

·
Registered
864 Posts
Pepboys, Advanced Auto, AutoZone should carry it. At these retailers they are sold as kits: Meguiar's, Mother's. or Clay Magic. I find Clay Magic to be the better of all 3. I haven't used the Meguiar's yet, as the only place that carries it around me is on the other side of town. The Mother's will run you around $15, and the Clay Magic will run around $12-13. The Mother's come in a red box, and the Clay Magic comes in a black box, both tall. A cheaper, efficient way to buy clay bars is to just buy the bar online, and use soapy water as your lube. It works better than the spray lube/detailer that they supply in the kits (and is more cost-efficient).

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.