Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was thinking about getting a B16 to drop into my Civic as soon as I get one by June. I wanted to start doing my research on what to buy and stuff. So my question is "Where should I buy my engine from?" I would like to have it cheap. I was thinking from the local Pick-a-Part in Houston. If you have any suggestions Please post your comments here.

·
Registered
2,222 Posts
i would try to find one from a local junkyard. i would try to find one that's still in the car, so you can look at the actual engine mileage and condition of the engine before you shell out $2k+ for it. if you live in an area that has junkyard carrying cars like 99-00 si's, go for it.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Is it a good idea to just get a Integra GSR and just start tuning that engine? I thought of this at school just seeing a GSR passing by the Window. Well, I've actualy calculated the whole price for the tuning for the Civic and it costs about 10g if I do it right. And I think that if I buy the GSR and tune that it'll cost about the same or less, and when I go to school I'll be ridin' around with a good reputation.

·
Registered
434 Posts
Suleman78699 said:
Is it a good idea to just get a Integra GSR and just start tuning that engine? I thought of this at school just seeing a GSR passing by the Window. Well, I've actualy calculated the whole price for the tuning for the Civic and it costs about 10g if I do it right. And I think that if I buy the GSR and tune that it'll cost about the same or less, and when I go to school I'll be ridin' around with a good reputation.
pull all the bitches with it and make your money back.

·
Registered
434 Posts
beemrmem3 said:
Ya, pull all the bitches in your hatchback. If your getting a car to be cool. Get something else. I dont think a little econobox is going to pull all he bitches.
If you knew anything about bitches then you would know that they don't get naked in groups. 1 at atime young grasshoppa, and REMEMBER USE YOHIMBE! you can get it at GNC. Only use it when you KNOW your gettin some pussy.

·
Registered
2,222 Posts
Suleman78699 said:
the only reason to get a civic and swap everything would be for the lighter weight. you're right; it'll cost you around the same price to get a gsr or to get a civic and do gsr engine/suspension/interior.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.