Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

· Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
wtf? this is pissing me off.. I brought a 00 si last week and today i noticed my damn gas flap door is missing. It must be in the damn freaking gas tank. tommrrow im going to the dealer to go off on them. There is also a vibrating noise in my car and my brakes are making noises. Im having so much bad luck. Anyone know if anything is gonna be fucked up cuz there MIGHT me a gas flap thingy in my gas tank? Gas flap= metal little door that opens wen u pump gas into the car.

· Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yup theres only a hole there now. I bringing it straight back to the dealer tommrrow. So anyone know if it could fuck up anything? Damn i gotta wake up early tommrrow and put back my stock intake on, Does anyone know if I need a extension for my wrench to put back my stock intake? Damn this sucks so bad, i jus got my car last week and all of this shit is happening.

· Registered
177 Posts
Dude, thats fucken weak! Make them fix that shitte. And fill up your tank! :D

· Registered
512 Posts
HEK said:
obviously you bought this baby used......do a title check just to see if it ever was in an accident......maybe that was a repair from the dealer......maybe justa patch up job to get you out the door, do you get my meaning......damn dealers......grrrr:mad:
I agree! Post up the vin#, I can check it out for you. PM me if you want to.

· Registered
12 Posts
Yup I bought my Si used from Maroone Honda and I don't have a gas flap door either. I haven't bothered to take it to the dealer yet.

· Registered
27 Posts
not a noobie here.... had to reg again like everyone... anyways.. i don't think we all got those gas flat.. like when i pump my gas, it's jsut a hole... no flap.. i bought my car brand new and so is my friend's sir... so i dunno ppl with gas flap maybe it's the states only cuz i'm in canada

· Registered
1,355 Posts
It's very unlikely anything will happen with the flap in the tank. The fuel pump is surrounded by a cylindrical sheild with slits in the side, which trap fuel during cornering to prevent fuel starvation. The likelyhood of the flap getting into the sheild is awfully slim, if at all. Even if the flap did manage to enter the sheild, it's far too large for the fuel pump to suck up anyway. Not to mention, it wouldn't go anywhere anyway if it did get sucked up the fuel pump.

Although, just like you, we're all paranoid. Get that shit taken out of the tank.

· Registered
12 Posts
So whats the deal? Some people say theirs' came with the flap others say theirs' didn't. Who's right?

· Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Hey guys.. Last night I went to look at my sisters EX 00 and to my surprise she doesnt have a Gas flap thing either! So this tells me Honda didnt put these flaps on some of their cars.Thats one less thing I gotta think about now.. Thanks alot guys for making me feel a little better. Oh yeah my VIN# is
1HGEM1159Yl028708, can someone please check it. Thanks alot you guys...

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.