Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Who is one of the best engine importers as far as price, and quality and service?... I am looking for a d15b sohc vtec to swap inot an 89-91 DX CRX... so I would like to get the transmission and ecu I need to. I can just buy the motor, transmission, and ecu and be ready to swap right?... any comments of info I need would be appreciated!... (like i said good prices on there motors too... the cheapest i have found was like 450 without tranny and ecu?... is that ridiculous?)... thanx again

·
Registered
8,882 Posts
Short_Shady said:
Who is one of the best engine importers as far as price, and quality and service?... I am looking for a d15b sohc vtec to swap inot an 89-91 DX CRX... so I would like to get the transmission and ecu I need to. I can just buy the motor, transmission, and ecu and be ready to swap right?... any comments of info I need would be appreciated!... (like i said good prices on there motors too... the cheapest i have found was like 450 without tranny and ecu?... is that ridiculous?)... thanx again
Talk to the guys at Japan Start Motor , i paid 1350 for my B16 with motor trans ecu shipped. I have been to his wharehouse and and he has tons of JDM motors. Shipping is free on all motors.

·
Registered
252 Posts
i got my d15b vtec for $575, im getting a chipped computer for $100(i have a hookup), obd1 conversion harness for $110, and i am replacing everything else like the timing belt, water pump, thermastat, clutch, plugs (ngk) and all kinds of stuff. so i got about $1000 tied up in a d15b vtec swap. thats since im doing it the right way and i want it to be a fire on first try engine.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts