Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I personally do not like the log style, it doesn't seem like it would be sufficient or in general seems like it would do some funny inconsistent things with the wastegate.I'd like to put a tubular style turbo manifold on my 97 accord EX F22B1 for my project that I've started just for the simple fact that the design seems better for the car/turbo in general. I was curious as to where I could purchase one. I would like to stay as far away from OBX is possible though and I personally know of no other brands for the accord. I've searched for a couple hours but haven't gotten what I've been looking for. If someone can redirect me to another thread or just throw me some ideas I'd greatly appreciate it.

·
Registered
13,249 Posts
There is nothing wrong with a log style mani, and for the difference in price unless you are ballin or need to have some ego fluffing bling under the hood, its def not worth it to me.

I have had both. I had an equal length first, and now I have an InlinePro log style manifold. Spool times are not noticably different, and my car is still as fast as it was with the equal. Not shiny bling but im past that point.

Mind you this is on a fully built 2.0L LS/VTEC with a big ass turbo. I only spent 200bux on the inline pro cast stainless steel (used ofcourse). Instead of 600+ for an equal length.

You money will be better spent elswhere on parts. Just a lil advise from some one who has been there done that.

·
Registered
7,299 Posts
rickgaskell said:
http://www.hermsfab.com/

this place looks good.. i think thatswhere im getting mine when i turbo my lude
hermsfab has my vote. good guy to. after i bought my mani off him we because cool over the net. hes doing my DP in oct also. good priced..awsome mad shit. I bought a log mani for the lude from him. but he can do what ever u want i think

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ahhh input

I'm glad to hear the input on the different types from you NegroDamus. I just figured that the way the log style is made it might start to make the wastegate act a little strange. Though i like the fact that the log style generally will allow a person to keep a/c and p/s. Chances are I'll go with that now that I've heard a little more testimony. In my department, show is far from functionality. I just want everything to work good and be solid. Thanks for the help fellas. I appreciate the thoughts.

·
Registered
13,249 Posts
When I switched from EQ to log, I got a ton of extra engine bay space.

Get stainless, not cast iron if you pick an InlinePro. I'm sure you are on a budget, so getting more parts for less money = boosting quicker. There will always be things you do not plan for that will cost you more money so spending less getting the parts will leave you money for the things that happen when you are actually putting the parts on the car. :tu

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
budget

I'm not really on a budget per say, I am however about half way done with what I want to get. most of the stuff I already know what I'm looking for or have a couple different things in mind. The manifold has been my only real question since i started doing my research and everything else. The rest of it has been pretty straight forward i think. I've already basically gotten the two most expensive things I could buy.

That being the turbo, new Garret T3/T4 .60 trim for 500 bucks and an AEM EMS for ridiculously cheap. I've gotten a few other things too so.... who knows really, we'll just have to see how it pans out, the rest I'll be accumulating as I go.

·
Registered
7,299 Posts
SlowRide said:
I'm not really on a budget per say, I am however about half way done with what I want to get. most of the stuff I already know what I'm looking for or have a couple different things in mind. The manifold has been my only real question since i started doing my research and everything else. The rest of it has been pretty straight forward i think. I've already basically gotten the two most expensive things I could buy.

That being the turbo, new Garret T3/T4 .60 trim for 500 bucks and an AEM EMS for ridiculously cheap. I've gotten a few other things too so.... who knows really, we'll just have to see how it pans out, the rest I'll be accumulating as I go.
im usen the same size turbo with a log..its a good match

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.