Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
working on a 00 civic hatch and splicing all wires from original cut harness to the new radio harness.

so I've installed the stereo but without the memory wire. the ignition wire is good but there seems to be no battery wire. I've also ran a wire off the fuse block(radio clock 10amp) but that also didn't save. So what do I do?????

·
Registered
3,254 Posts
thats the ignition wire at the fuse box. The radio and clock shut off when the car is shut off. Do you have a wht/blu wire tahts what is is on the integra. If not you can run a wire to the battery or any other constant power source, like door locks or dome light.

·
Registered
175 Posts
just bust out a multimeter and go through all you wires and find the one that is 12v always live. as in have your car off and meter away. the one you need is the batt line and that will always be a constant 12v no matter what. Also why are you rewiring it....if your installing a headunit then that comes with a harness then you can pick up the harness from your factory harness from best buy.

·
Registered
175 Posts
then multimeter the wires to find the 12vbatt line and the acc line. then take a 9v battery with 2 wires coming off of it and go thro the speaker wires. then when one speaker pushes out then u know that pair goes to that and the positive and negative matches the battery leads.

oops didnt even dawn the cut harness part my b

1 - 8 of 8 Posts