Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm getting all of the stuff together to do the swap while the engine is being built. I'm going with a B16 from a D15. I ordered the axles today from O'Reilly's b/c they have a lifetime warranty on which kicks ass but they had 2 options for the a 94 Del Sol. they were Vtec with abs or Vtec without abs. It didn't say anything about SOHC or DOHC. I ordered the ones without abs b/c it doesn't have it but I was wondering if I got the right ones.

·
Registered
10,923 Posts
I'd say YES. I went to alot of transmission places before I
bought mine, and ABS was key, along with engine SIZE, of
course. "Vtec" IS DOHC, right? The dumbasses at Goodyear
screwed me over because I told them it was a 1.6l vtec,
(which it is), but the lazy bastards couldn't even check under
the hood before ordering the parts? There IS a difference
between Vtec and Si, (SOHC), so I'd call them and make sure.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
allright I just talked to some of the shops around here and they said to use the 94-95 integra gsr axles. 2 Shops said the same thing so i'm figuring that they're right if anyone dissagrees then tell me please

Thanks

·
Registered
10,923 Posts
koveintegra said:
allright I just talked to some of the shops around here and they said to use the 94-95 integra gsr axles. 2 Shops said the same thing so i'm figuring that they're right if anyone dissagrees then tell me please

Thanks
I've read alot where Integra/Sol parts were "interchangable",
but I couldn't say "for sure". Get the axles designed for your
car/engine, though; Vtec axles are a "hair" longer than Si's,
so that's why they didn't fit. The rebuilt ones "spit out" alot
of grease, though, so I bought the driveshaftshop's new
ones as soon as I could afford it. Plus I have a spare set
of (rebuilt) axles in the closet, just in case :D.

·
Registered
30 Posts
axles

I use the gs-r axles in my sol when i did the swap....I heard the 94-95 del sol dohc will work as well, but i got the gs-r axles with the swap and it fit fine with no problem...I also got the abs one although my sol didn't have it because it was the same price as non abs and i have no problems with it so far..

·
Registered
2,411 Posts
does this go for ~any~ b series swap? or is it specific to vtec.

·
Registered
354 Posts
my friends are working on a swap. and the axels from a 94 gsr, wouldn't fit the 92 CX hatch they were puttin the motor in, i was told that you have to use b16 axles, which would go the same for del sol's i would think.

-Robbie

·
Registered
727 Posts
any B-series 1.6-1.8 would work. They'z all da same sizes. Just some a lil stronger than others.

·
Registered
2,411 Posts
so.... if i got an ls swap, i could use ls axels? and it would work fine? or even use the gsr axels cause the ~might~ hold up better? or anything integra will fit fine on sol or what. i dunno. i'm contotally fused. but i really want either a b18c1 or b but i am not sure which axel.

·
Registered
727 Posts
no matter what B-series motor, you can use the B18 or B16 axles... all models

1 - 11 of 11 Posts