Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Banned
1,991 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey all Im goin to be a college student next year and i want to know what car in you guys opinion i should buy.....i saw that the 1992 to 1995 preludes are 2,000 to 4,000 and I asked some questions of those year preludes in my thread http://www.superhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=209473 in which i became annoying to people that replied....by postin the same question over n over when i didnt get a answer or some1 answer one but not another.. But now insurance and car wise what car do u guys think i should buy or should i stay with the determined attitude to get one of these cars......Is their any car in the price range i would buy this car for that would both have cheaper insurance and a nice reliable car...because i saw these cars would obviously have more than 100 k by the time itll get in my hands.....most of them would.... or should i get so and so car that would fit my condition and remember later i intend to add add-ons to this vehicle.

·
Registered
14,553 Posts
insurance depends on your driving record

·
Banned
1,991 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
crdcz03 said:
insurance depends on your driving record

well as i said in the other thread i did have a accident that caused the car to be totaled :mad ......agian some1 behind me couldnt stop to stop at a four way intersection he hit me in the back part of my bumper....he said it was cause black ice.....he hit me just as i was about or startin to accelerate......causein me to pop a curb n hit a tree from my inability to stop the car becasue of black ice as well.....it was like a 2 way street n stuff with not a large or wide raod it was cramped/small....so now the insurance wrote me off the blue book value which i though was pretty nice for a 1999 honda accord lx with around 50 k on it because they culdnt check the milage since the engine didnt start.....i know it was around 50 k max 54k.............i got 10,011$ which is good.....but im not goin to use that money for a car for college n other stuff...............drivin record beside that nothin..........no ticket or anything for now ;) lol :lol2

·
Banned
1,991 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
does any1 have any suggestions?

·
Banned
1,991 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
1,000-5,000 or 6,000 somewhere their..n i know its not much to go on becuause of the money im willin to spend to just buy the car .n i hope that obviuosly the insurance would make this car cheaper cuz the age....what want obviously insurance for a guy my age the more hp the car has when u get it insured the more the premium.... i want something with low or ok torque and hp at first and then later to b easy to increase it dramatically without swappin the engine.....i fell in love with the 4 gen prelude look....but im not sure cuz like the milage would be high which would prob result in a higher cost to fix stuff.....so in summary a car that has ok level of hp to start out with, easy to increase the amount dramatically, relability, performance obviously, n nooooooooooooooooo probs.....n a good price 4 the car thing

·
Banned
1,991 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
jreese said:
i say try and find a 4th gen lude....

hey thx for replin

um im also tryin to keep my options open to when i want to get a car rather than 1 car....cuz i searched the local washington post classifies n didnt even c ny preludes my friend said in the past he looked in those clssifies but didnt see a prelude when he searched for one.... :cry andi searched such websites as www.cars.com www.carmax.com www.autotrader.com ect but the dealers or wtev are like over 100 miles away.. :eek ...soooo in regard to this add 1 more car to my list to increase my options.....that follows the specifications i listed above......thx...

·
Banned
1,991 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
hey i searched on carmax jusst for a generalization of the price for an acura integra n i found a integra 97" for 7,000 sumtin cheapest thats alot of $.... i was thinkin for somethin for less....yes i know itlll prob be crappy

option 1: dont drive no more idiots who cant stop the car no matter the condition.....
option 2: buy a 4th gen prelude if i can find one when the time comes<- best option

option 3:?

·
Banned
1,991 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
true true.......i had a accord like i said i loved it......1999 accord lx....what gen is that......?.....so like the previous gen from the one i had?........i hAte Civics.....i mean its a good car but i dont like when shit added to it major rice mobil.....

so options dont drive, 4th gen prelude, accord which i know that previous genn than the gen i had on my prelude is cheap i think.......k lets have 2 more n then illl stfu n stop pesterin people....srry

·
Banned
1,991 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
yes i do want to stay with honda/ acura vehicle from my previous experience knowin they are reliable ect n plainly i like them.....but i am whillin to look for cars in other manufacturers like toyota......and basically everything beside american made cars

·
Registered
7,394 Posts
you could try and find a mid 90's 300zx....

man your running out of options here unless you want something bigger like a maxima...they get up and move....lots of torque...:nod

·
Banned
1,991 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
wait like my grandparents have a 1986 maxima.....they offered it to me.....the ac doesnt worksame as heatin.....wheels squeak when they rotate.....really loud it annoyin....n audio headunit is fuked but its junk anyway ill replace....but thye prob willin to give it to....me n ps im not sure if they fixed the heatin but sure the ac doenst work.....beside that good condition car.... mexican paint job gold gold with litle bit of faddin....only barely

·
Registered
7,394 Posts
4bidden said:
Longest.....sentence.....EVAR

G.....E.....T......A......L......I.....F.....E........:D

accord1999 said:
wait like my grandparents have a 1986 maxima.....they offered it to me.....the ac doesnt worksame as heatin.....wheels squeak when they rotate.....really loud it annoyin....n audio headunit is fuked but its junk anyway ill replace....but thye prob willin to give it to....me n ps im not sure if they fixed the heatin but sure the ac doenst work.....beside that good condition car.... mexican paint job gold gold with litle bit of faddin....only barely

I was talking more about a newer Maxima. Like a 96...If you look around you could find one for around your budget.

·
Banned
1,991 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
jreese said:
G.....E.....T......A......L......I.....F.....E........:D

I was talking more about a newer Maxima. Like a 96...If you look around you could find one for around your budget.

thx man the list thing is done....much thanks....now whateva i get u know ill b dangerus....kuz my friends like wtf u hit a tree....y didnt u pull emer brake or sumtin and not go to the side n hit a tree....even if it wasnt my fault....they know the area their like iight if it happened in this area 4 way u could of had room to just drift in the oposite dirrection or pop the curb n go on grass but on this street 4 way had lots of trees....just my luck...hope when i get the car no trees would c it.....fuk tailspin-tree....ny1 want to piss me off 1st in the car n this time i will intentially hit a tree on their side....ps in their car too.... :eek

1 - 20 of 22 Posts