·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Which clutch do you guys feel is best, Exedy, ACT, or Clutch Masters? :confused

·
Registered
486 Posts
I know somebody that works with me and he's got clutchmaster stage 1 on his 4th gen. That clutch is super smooth and just perfect for a daily driver to me. Although some people like stiffer clutch feel but I hate it when driving in traffic jams.

That the only clutch I know unless you go with a 6 puck from act and dam that is stiff and bites really quick and hard.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
MNsnowdaboy said:
I know somebody that works with me and he's got clutchmaster stage 1 on his 4th gen. That clutch is super smooth and just perfect for a daily driver to me. Although some people like stiffer clutch feel but I hate it when driving in traffic jams.

That the only clutch I know unless you go with a 6 puck from act and dam that is stiff and bites really quick and hard.
yeah i need something good for about 300 hp but also good for commuting also because i commute about 2 hours a day sometimes with stop and go traffic

·
Registered
486 Posts
Dam 300hp!!! oops the clutchmaster stage 1 will not hold that kind of power, sorry.

I think you might have to go with a Clutchmasters stage 3 or a ACT extreme something I forgot, similar to the 6 puck.

But you know that is the price for performance, you'll lose comfort. Just like suspension, exaust noise, engine reliability, ect ect.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ok well maybe i could rock a stage one for now yeah i was looking for 300 hp in the end but thats a little ways off so i guess i could hold off

·
Registered
845 Posts
i got a good deal on a centerforce so i bought one. i was skeptical at first but i have had no problems at all. It's lasted through 2 seasons at the strip and some street action. hasn't slipped yet. peace.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
its a 4th gen prelude s right now, but once i get my jdm h22 it will be greddy 4-2-1 header, apexi power intake, thermal stealth exhaust (also thinnking about getting hi flow cat), complete energy suspension bushing kit, ground control coils with kyb agx's and a fidanza 7.5 lbs. flywheel.

·
Registered
21,276 Posts
goinferjdm said:
its a 4th gen prelude s right now, but once i get my jdm h22 it will be greddy 4-2-1 header, apexi power intake, thermal stealth exhaust (also thinnking about getting hi flow cat), complete energy suspension bushing kit, ground control coils with kyb agx's and a fidanza 7.5 lbs. flywheel.
why not a stock clutch. You arent gonna have the power needed to really benefit from a race/street clutch

·
Registered
14,553 Posts
goinferjdm said:
damn dood you're gonna be putting down way more than 300hp better get a 3puck clutch :lol2

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Uhhh

98Vtec said:
why not a stock clutch. You arent gonna have the power needed to really benefit from a race/street clutch
I figured while i had it pulled apart to throw the flywheel on might as well throw in a new clutch.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks

crdcz03 said:
damn dood you're gonna be putting down way more than 300hp better get a 3puck clutch :lol2
Well I was thinking about putting a small shot of nos on there too, but I guess you're right, I may just go with a clutch masters fx500 for my vtec commuter. :clap

·
Registered
21,276 Posts
goinferjdm said:
I figured while i had it pulled apart to throw the flywheel on might as well throw in a new clutch.
if you dont need a race/street clutch you car is gonna be slower.

Go look at people who run stock clutches and have basic bolts on, then ask them what happened when they put a race/street clutch in.....

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
98Vtec said:
if you dont need a race/street clutch you car is gonna be slower.

Go look at people who run stock clutches and have basic bolts on, then ask them what happened when they put a race/street clutch in.....
Alright I will check into that. How long has the stock clutch been good for you guys?

·
Registered
21,276 Posts
well i ahve the act clutch. But if i wasnt getting my head built i woulda gotten the stock one. So far my ACT has lasted a year with no problems.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
98Vtec said:
well i ahve the act clutch. But if i wasnt getting my head built i woulda gotten the stock one. So far my ACT has lasted a year with no problems.
so in your opinion just leave the clutch alone dont even get a stage one?

1 - 20 of 25 Posts