Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hows it going guys, so any ways,

Ive been getting into swaps lately, as in reading about them and studieing and such, and I am becoming more and more interested.

Im planning on swapping out a mazda mx5 and throwing in a ford 5.0 302 SB in it, but not for a couple years.

But on the other hand while im at it, I would love to have a car to work on, because I dont need trans. cuz I can walk to work its so close, So I was planning 0n getting some kind of honda, prolly an integra, but Im just wondering what swap I should choose for the integra, Im definatly gunna buy a JDM motor on the net, but IDK b16? h22? k20? b18? AHHH ... idk......But I have exp. turning wrenches and such and This will be my first swap, I just want to take the time to do it perfectly right, even if it means spending more money if thats what it takes.

I would love to have a sick teggy or a clean hatch to show off and shit.

So what do you guys think, OPEN TO ANY IDEAS, COMMENTS >> Etc.:bash

· Registered
1,963 Posts
First off an HO 5.0 in an MX5 would be pretty fuckin' sweet, especially with a cf roof......Second JDM engines=no better than American when everything is said and done........Third if you want to swap a honda, get something cheap as fuck, light as hell and throw a b-series in it...The whole swap wouldn't be that costly and it would be fun....Now if you have an ungodly amount of money to spend, I'd get an ek hatch and k-swap it......all this is just me though....Only you know what you need to spend, hp gains, and all that bs....Just remember though, google's your friend.

· Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the quick reply,

Yea but dude, I LOVE MY IMPORTS, but muscle is sick too,

you guys should check this shit out

www.monstermiata.com

sells a complete kit, everything it takes to put a v-8 ( not only ford but also chevy blocks ) into a miata mx5 1990-05
_front springs
-rear axle
-custom headers and oil pan
-tranny mounts-rear end-motor mounts
-modified k member, eveRYTHING

so awesome, I went out and bought the gears show from speed season dvd that has the 2 episodes on it, I think its amazing tho.

But before I even start on that, I wanna have at least a B16 under my belt, that would be cool,

and no im not rich, i work for mobil 1 as a pit man... but i make decent money, b series sounds good.

lookin at del sols, integras , and hatches, not so much civics coupe or sedan tho.

· Registered
1,963 Posts
here are some links i think you might need......the integra comes with a b18 (that is unless you go for a really oldschool one).

Honda B engine - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Honda D engine - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

and lastly one link that i found really helpful when i got into tuning (there's some good info here)

Phearable.net - Electronic Fuel Injection Tuning Solutions - Hondata, Neptune, Crome, Uberdata, Ectune, AEM, Honda Tuning, Widebands, Fuel Pumps, Intercoolers, Turbos, LS/VTEC, ECU Chipping, Chipped Ecus, P28

· Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yea i know i Just never hear about em, idk i saw this weird one on youtube nvm, but id like a nice B OR H series hatch or teg. Idk. I need to buy a car witha SICK Body no rust, and maybe a blown motor and tranny ......

· Registered
139 Posts
you cant go wrong when putting in a b18c or b16 into a civic hatch. I've heard that there are quite of bit of extra parts you have to buy for the b18c though... But im not positive... A friend of mine bought a b18b though, and there was a crap ton of extra stuff he had to buy for it..

· Premium Member
29,824 Posts
you cant go wrong when putting in a b18c or b16 into a civic hatch. I've heard that there are quite of bit of extra parts you have to buy for the b18c though... But im not positive... A friend of mine bought a b18b though, and there was a crap ton of extra stuff he had to buy for it..
yeah ok...a b18b would be better

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.