Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
21 - 40 of 41 Posts
so i gotta spend $650-1000 on either fixing my head or getting another one.....the fucktard before me decided it's a great idea to use an impact wrench to install spark plugs.....

What kind of suspension things would I look on to replace? I literally know nothing about suspension... Let's say of I go with the h22 idea, what would I have to upgrade for suspension? Thanks!
Sorry I just saw this. Luckily the rest of the forum has our backs. It's an old car, so as Marques (I think) suggested, I'd do bushings and everything too. Basically if I was doing it, I'd do everything that's out there to be done (not like search ebay and buy everything there is, but upgrade everything that's there with heavier duty stuff), to avoid understeer and bump steer from the added weight. I think Bruce mentioned H-specific springs too. Well worth looking into.

so i gotta spend $650-1000 on either fixing my head or getting another one.....the fucktard before me decided it's a great idea to use an impact wrench to install spark plugs.....
What in the dumb?! Damn bro that sucks! You asked him and he told you that's what he did?! Are they broken? I can't believe it didn't shatter them when he was installing them! So I take it they're either impossible to remove, or the threads are shot out? What if you take it off and run a die through it? Damn bro that's terrible. I'd call him up & be like look man, you gotta help me finance fixing your fuck up!

What in the dumb?! Damn bro that sucks! You asked him and he told you that's what he did?! Are they broken? I can't believe it didn't shatter them when he was installing them! So I take it they're either impossible to remove, or the threads are shot out? What if you take it off and run a die through it? Damn bro that's terrible. I'd call him up & be like look man, you gotta help me finance fixing your fuck up!
they are pretty much cross threaded in. i'm scared to try to remove them and have the whole completely stripped. not to mention they are the wrong plugs...they're too hot :-(.....either way i have to send a head to the machine shop whether it be mine or a new one :-(

What in the dumb?! Damn bro that sucks! You asked him and he told you that's what he did?! Are they broken?!
That not something youd admit. Lol

I contmeplated doing this for about 2days. I tihnk i estimated the swap alone being around maybe around 1000-1500, or less. Not Including the motor. I knew a friend with an H22 otherwise i wasnt going to buy but he had to get rid of it quick so i dropped the idea. It doesnt seem TOO difficult, theres just alot to it. Hopefully you have the CRX SI hub, if not youd need those too. Or Integra or civic Si

Innovaitve mounts
~400
Axles
DA Driver axle, and DA+Accord Axle for passsenger
~$50 from a Junkyard
Shifter and cable assembly
Maybe ESP 4-2-1 Header
Alternator Tensoir kit from ESP ~$100 or you can make something yourself
Cable/Hydro Conversion kit or Fab 1 up

Wiring might be a little tricky but again. If your doing this swap, you should have enough knowledge to figre something out. Rywire would be much help, the guy from ESP use 0bd0-0bd1 jumper harness for his 0bd1h22

Other Misc, but not too too difficult. No notching req'd.

Explicit Speed Performance

so i gotta spend $650-1000.
What done to it that would cost this much? Performance wise.

Because you can simply pick one up for half that.

What done to it that would cost this much? Performance wise.

Because you can simply pick one up for half that.
parts and labor to pull head send to machine shop replace all gaskets and reinstall. slightly more expensive if i buy another and have them swap my valvetrain, cams and tap and deck head....it's not a stock head.

parts and labor to pull head send to machine shop replace all gaskets and reinstall. slightly more expensive if i buy another and have them swap my valvetrain, cams and tap and deck head....it's not a stock head.
Ouch.:fear

they are pretty much cross threaded in. i'm scared to try to remove them and have the whole completely stripped. not to mention they are the wrong plugs...they're too hot :-(.....either way i have to send a head to the machine shop whether it be mine or a new one :-(
That's gay as shit man. I hate to read that. Once you commit, you might as well get a breaker bar and just slowly try to take them out though. I mean don't just admit defeat, right?

Man get out there and turn the wrenches yourself!:nod

That's gay as shit man. I hate to read that. Once you commit, you might as well get a breaker bar and just slowly try to take them out though. I mean don't just admit defeat, right?
if they break then i have no car for work...and i would have a fubar head

if they break then i have no car for work...and i would have a fubar head
That's what I'm saying though.. Once you're committed to do something about it. I'm not suggesting you walk out there right now & do it or anything.

21 - 40 of 41 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.