Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Which engine should I go for.. I have a 98 Civic Ex.. Should I go for the Type R (B16B).. or What?.. Does the H22a fit in the civic with a turbo or supercharger?.... Either im me at Nkredible chop or email me at [email protected] .. Please respond asap.. got 5 g's to spend.. give me ideas

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i would go and search through them but i have dial up right now and it takes forever to go in and out.. so thats y i wanted to know what people thought i should do.. so could u answer them for me please?

·
Registered
136 Posts
Engine choice is really up to you and depends on what type of goals you have.
Many routes/directions to go between choosing a B, H, or K series? You'll run into complications with some, Like special mounts for the K or H.
The Type-r engines run such a high compression they're not real good for turbo's though.

Transparent is right, you should really search through all the options and find your own pro's and con's to each swap. I got dial-up and it ain't killing me , besides you don't plan on ordering the motor tonigh (I hope).
There is complete sites dedicated just to Hybrids (swapped cars). Take your time to plan and think things out. It sounds like you got a budget and that's a good thing, just work around that. If you need a few pointers or got a few questions PM me cause I'm in the middle of a swap currently.
Good luck

·
Registered
4 Posts
if ur lookin to turbo the motor i would go with a LS/VTEC. a LS crank has a longer stroke for more torque at the bottom end. have the block bored to 84.5mm throw in sum strong rods and low compression pistons(8:5:1 or 9:1) and eventually throw a B16 or GS-R head ond there crank the boost up a lil bit and u'll have PLENTY of power 4 tha streets. trust me a good friend of mine jus did that with his 88' integra RS and he is more than happy. Buh then again he istha turbo guy and i am the all-motor guy. be patient and look 4 good deals on parts and u can create power on a budget.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts