Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i'm looking for an exhaust system that is suddle, low tone, brings out the sound of engine at high rpms and the sound of vtec loud. would any exhaust system on the market fit my wants? please let me know. thanks

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
HKS?

would you know if it sounds like the HKS sport by any chance?

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
apexi/HKS

sak said:
Mugen too expensive, get the WS. Beside, I don't even think the Mgen is a full cat-back... more like an axle-back.
would you know if the apexi world sport sounds like the HKS sport but any chance?

·
Registered
834 Posts
Tanabe super racing medlion loud as helll sets off lots of car alarms i know :D

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
Re: apexi/HKS

white4drcivy said:
would you know if the apexi world sport sounds like the HKS sport but any chance?
I have no idea what the HKS sounds like, but the WS should sound similar to the original RS*R, which is slightly louder than stock. Not obnoxious or troublesome at all while driving.

I mean these other exhaust may sound great under VTEC like some other members here mentioned, but who drives in VTEC all the time?

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
aemcivic_02917 said:
Tanabe super racing medlion loud as helll sets off lots of car alarms i know :D
great idea, but i'm not looking to set off car alarms. i just want something not loud at all. maybe just a little louder then stock, but i wanna hear intake and vtec at high rpm's. i want vtec whinning:D

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Re: Re: apexi/HKS

sak said:
I have no idea what the HKS sounds like, but the WS should sound similar to the original RS*R, which is slightly louder than stock. Not obnoxious or troublesome at all while driving.

I mean these other exhaust may sound great under VTEC like some other members here mentioned, but who drives in VTEC all the time?
who makes the RS*R? but the WS sounds like what i want

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
thanks man

sak said:
Not in the US market anymore. The closest thing to it is probably the WS series by Apexi. Not that expensive either. I've seen prices around $350-$450 max.
dude thanks. i'm clueless as shit when it comes to exhaust system, and other car parts. you been a big help thanks dude.
i'm still taking suggestion. please leave your thought

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
I'm told that Skunk2's are the actual RS*R's except with their names on it. This is what I hear only and I do not know if its true.

This place claims to be importing the real RS*R into the US again now. check them out and ask a lot of questions. Pictures would be nice. Their RS*R logo seems to be legit.

As for the WS series, groupbuy would also be a good place to look for them.

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
In case that link doesn't work because you are not signed up for groupbuy, here is the prices and models that they have:

HONDA
CIVIC
EG6 - $435
EK4 - $435

INTEGRA
DC2 type-R - $435

S2000 - $525

TOYOTA
MR2
SW20 NA - $415
SW20 Turbo - $435

SUPURA
JZA80 NA - $435
JZA80 Turbo - $435

MAZDA
RX-7
FC3S - $435
FD3S - $510

so if you don't have any of these car models, you are SOL.

·
Registered
834 Posts
loud = power in my case i gained crazzzzyyyyyyy HP when i bolted the tanabe up with no cat

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
aemcivic_02917 said:
loud = power in my case i gained crazzzzyyyyyyy HP when i bolted the tanabe up with no cat
Was that dyno proven or just butt dyno proof?

Anything without a cat will gain power. Loud doesn't necessary mean more power. Making power has to do with matching the appropriate size piping exhaust to your engine setup. Thats how you make power, not by the sound.

If you bought a Thermal 3" Turbo system, and your car is stock, most likely your car will be slower than stock because that exhaust is not suited for the setup.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts