Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,
This is my first post here. I've used the search function and I've also skimmed through topics. But, I'm still hoping it's acceptable to post one of those 'what do you think?' posts. I'm looking for a new(er) car to buy but I'm still unsure of which one. So far, I'm considering Hondas and Acuras. Anyway, without rambling on further, here are my current contenders:

98-01 Integra (2dr), 5spd, GS/GSR

98-01 Accord (2 or 4dr), 5 spd, EX/EXR

'98-'01 Prelude SR, 2dr, 5spd

'02 Civic Si

Anyway, I posted in the Integra forum specifically since I'm more or less leaning towards an Integra. First of all, could someone advise me of another section in the main forum to post to if I wanted to request a wider opinion (i.e. Accord, Prelude and Civic owners)? Or is it okay here?

In the meantime, I hope it's acceptable to ask Integra owners and fans about which Integra I should go after. I want a GSR but it's not easy finding them (most are LS/GS cars) and when I find them, they're almost always red and I prefer silver and black cars. Should I accept the red? (Oh yeah, FYI, I'm located in Ontario, Canada).

The other question would be about mods. I think GSR and Type R engines are expensive so I was trying to find a stock GSR car already. If I buy a newer car, mods may take longer to initiate since I'd have to save up.

Anyway, if you have any ideas or suggestions, I appreciate all feedback.

Here's what I'm hoping to find:

Honda/Acura vehicle, under 200 kms, 5spd, black or silver in colour, 2 or 4 dr (# of doors not important), under 10 grand, at least 145 hp or more, overall mint shape

Thanks for any recommendations and advice.

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
pick what you want to do and go for it. most of us here will tell you get an integra since it is an integ forum, but there are reasons why the cars we drive are integras, its cuz we heart integras :D your budget seems good, i suggest a gsr, great platform. all platforms have their different pros and cons obviously. the ls, rs, gs, and se have the b18b, good to turbo, type r is great for all motor. gsr puts you right in the middle, you can go turbo or all motor, so thats my suggestion
quikflip

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.