Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

· Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys what's up? I'm getting a nitrous kit but I don't know which one yet. I've been looking at the N.O.S. and NX kits. Which one of these do you guys think is better? Also what all is included in that Gen-X kit that people say you should buy with the NX kit. It's going on F22b2 engine.

· Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks laughin 2.2 I was quoted $527 for the NX sport compact kit and $351 for this GenX kit. which I think consists of a purge valve, bottle warmer, and a pressure guage. Sounds a bit expensive though.

· Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'm going to need upgrade my clutch also. Any suggestions, I've looked at Clutchmasters and Centerforce. How are the clutchnet clutches? Also I have been using Castrol GTX for years. I was thinking of switching to Mobil 1 synthetic when I get nitrous. Is this a good idea or not?

· Registered
175 Posts
That's too much for the NX kit. Call John Stewart at Nitrous Warehouse. 877-NITWARE. I got the NX kit and the GenX-2 kit for $833 shipped from him. That was the best price I could find.
The GenX2 kit comes with

Bottle Heater
Purge Kit
Blow down tube
Fuel Pressure Safety Switch
Nitrous Gauge

· Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks guys. What is the blow down tube that comes with that Gen-X kit? Also what kind of car do you have your kit on, and what shot? NX gurantees the hp to the wheels and not the flywheel. Is this true and have you dynoed your car?

· Registered
175 Posts
The blowdown tube vents nitrous outside the car if the psi goes above 3000psi. I didn't install mine since its in the trunk.

I have a 98 Civic LX, I don't have it completely installed yet, still have some wiring to go. It's 10 degrees here today so I'll wait!!!

The dyno results in the latest Honda Tuning on a 2001 Civic EX were 60hp at the wheels with a 50 shot. They also gained I think over 100lb-ft of torque and took the curve from 5000rpm down to 3500 rpm. Not bad...pick up the article it's good.

· Registered
165 Posts

· Registered
20,271 Posts
macswhtaccord95 said:
I'm going to need upgrade my clutch also. Any suggestions, I've looked at Clutchmasters and Centerforce. How are the clutchnet clutches? Also I have been using Castrol GTX for years. I was thinking of switching to Mobil 1 synthetic when I get nitrous. Is this a good idea or not?

oil doesnt really matter. i had to get a new clutch after 10 bottles. my stock one handled good at first but after a while it will go out on u. i went with a ACT clutch. but in my opinion..i think all the clutches are the same. just the name that changes the prices.

· Registered
175 Posts
macswhtaccord95 said:
Thanks guys. Flawless are you from Cleveland or just living there. I'm from Youngstown.
Yeah, born and raised. Mayfield Heights to be exact, 15 min from the City. I'm actually gonna be coming out there once in a while to get my bottle filled when I'm up for the drive. Youngstown Oxygen & Welding Supply 2208 Hubbard Rd refills 10 lb bottles for $30. That's so cheap! Most places want $45, Summit Racing wants $52!!!

Do you know a kid Randy blonde hair with a red Prelude '97...he's from there but lives here in Lyndhurst now.

· Registered
4,657 Posts
that article is the biggest crock of shit i ever read . where do you people find this stuff?
i cant even put out that much tourque out of my car with a higher shot. . . . .and my car is very far from a civic.
the people who wrote that article are full of shit

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.