Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

· Registered
144 Posts
A civic would beat the RS eclipse for sure.

· Registered
20,271 Posts
i go with eclipse on dis one. but in the long run after 60000 miles ur civic would be still on the road while the eclipse would be back in the auto shop for repairs. !!! :p in the meantime..if at the line ill pick the eclipse to win as long as its a gst or gsx

· Registered
610 Posts
I raced a 2002 Eclipse, midrange model (don't know call letters), with my slightly modified Civic. It had some pickup and was catching up to me but I outdrove him most of the way. He won when I got cut off by some jerkoff in a T-bird. This race was through a busy street. Irresponcible me. I think the main reason he caught up is because there was no official start to the race and my auto was already in 4th and it never downshifted. If I had done it manually, I'm pretty sure I would have won. Oh, yeah, I didn't have my Kumho's on the car since it was this winter.

· Registered
272 Posts

my bro has a RS auto and I have a 4 dr LX auto with intake, 17's and a system.. I nose him off until the end of 2nd,, then he pulls on me.. not far,, about a car length.. his RS is stock

· Registered
200 Posts
idealy eclipse.. but like with almost every car, there are crap versions and fast versions.. so comparing those.. eclipse...

99 civic 2dr DX auto vs 99 eclipse rs auto, Eclipse wins.

99 civic 2dr Si 5spd vs 99 eclipse gs-x 5spd, Eclipse again...

(pure stock)

· Registered
298 Posts
it all depends on the mods the GSx Stock and the SI with some power MOds no TUrbo no nawws.... i think the Si will win!
Dude...you do realize that the GSX has nearly double the hp and torque than an Si, right?

It takes a lot more than "some power MOds" to make up that kind of a difference.

Si's are great, and I love mine to death, but half the people on this board are in serious need of reality checks.

· Premium Member
9,316 Posts
Mojo-Jojo said:

Dude...you do realize that the GSX has nearly double the hp and torque than an Si, right?

Ummmm no...The si has 160hp. Lets do some math 160x2=320
Sorry but the gs-x doesn't have any wheres near 320hp.

Stock on stock the gs-x should win, but like HybridJDMHonda so nicely put it :rolleyes:, go out and race one to really find out.

BTW...I raced a 02 (it had temp tags) GT from about 25mph on, he pulled ahead a little bit, but I ended up gaining on him at about 45-50mph :D

1 - 20 of 38 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.