Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys i know i keep asking ques. I know you will say use the search forum but the thing is i try and it doesn't get the results i need. Anyway i was wondering which type of oil i should run i used to use Castrol GTX high mileage in my 85 MR2 with 134 on it. I know the weigt of oil i need but which brand have you guys found to be the best out there.Thanks in advance

·
Registered
6,716 Posts
94EXAccord said:
Hey guys i know i keep asking ques. I know you will say use the search forum but the thing is i try and it doesn't get the results i need. Anyway i was wondering which type of oil i should run i used to use Castrol GTX high mileage in my 85 MR2 with 134 on it. I know the weigt of oil i need but which brand have you guys found to be the best out there.Thanks in advance
Try an MR2 forum....this is more focused towards honda.
Try a toyota dealership or something or find an MR2 focused site to get the best possible information.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sorry it had been a long day. Is what i was trying to say what i use Castrol GTX high mileage in my 85 MR2. So i was wondering which oil you guys would recoomend for a 94 Accord EX with the f22b motor. I just got one last night and was wondering. I wasn't trying to ask which oil to use in a mr2 i was meaning to type which oil to use in my new accord

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Do you guys think that new mobil one oil is worth it i mean i would still feel better if i changed my oil every 2500 like i have all before. Just was wondering if the new 5000,7500,15000 mile oil would hold up better. Would you guys sugguest synthetic or a blend

·
Registered
3,780 Posts
I think it may just be dumb marketing. I don't know where I read this, but they tested two cars with synthetic oil. One was changed every 7500 miles and the other was changed every 30 something thousand. Both engines showed alsmot no wear at some incredibly high mileage. I think it was 200,000. I read this a while ago when I was Googling around to see what the best synthetic is. Popular opinion went with Mobil 1, so I use that. Point is, any synthetic oil can go a long time without having to be changed.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.