Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
866 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok I'm about to move out of the house and in with my girl. :( and the added bills (considering now I pay for nothing except my cell) and such will really be putting a dent in the prelude's allmotor/nitrous plans. Before I move out I've got enough saved to be able to comfortably spend some money on a last upgrade for the prelude for a while. I want it to be performance oriented.

So which do you think would be the best/funnest upgrade out of the list. Or you can throw in new ideas. I have a M2B4 lsd tranny that will be going in soon, so I'll have LSD with any of these choices.

1.) RMF header

2.) 4.64 final drive, carbon coated synchros, and h23 5th gear in the M2B4. There's a special going on right now for $500 for the final drive, it'll offer a 9% decrease in every gear, which they tell me will mean a 9% increase in torque. And I figure with a 9% reduction in the H23 5th gear it'll come out to 5th being around the same as a stock H22 5th.

3.) Save up some more money and get a built head with some nice high end camshafts. Not sure how my nitrous will like the camshafts though.

4.) Euro-R manifold

·
Registered
3,921 Posts
Roth IRA... save money now and buy a Ferrari when you retire.

That's what I'm doing! $6,000 in so far! WOOT!

If I were to say do ANYTHING I'd suggest: (Not on your list) change your setup from a wet fogger to a direct port kit and buy the Euro-R intake manifold. The Euro-R intake manifold is nowhere near as expensive as some of the other mods you're considering. Plus, you could install everything with the new manifold out of the car prior to setup keeping your car on the road while you work on it. I think it would be pretty slick if you ran the jets UNDERNEATH the manifold with the solenoids hidden too... keep that stuff hidden... less problems with law enforcement (depending on where you live).

Get the better IM, and run a DP kit... maybe get a enlarged Throttle body if you have money left over... or get your current one bored out.

~Peace

·
Registered
866 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
95hprelude said:
what do u have now? id say rmf and tune it
Lol, you didn't see the sig? :rolleyes

·
Registered
866 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I'm kinda leaning towards either the RMF or the fully worked tranny. The downside to the RMF is the 3+ month wait time. :( I hate waiting for parts. So far I'm waiting for a carbon fiber hood, carbon fiber radiator shroud, I was waiting 4 months for a set of rims, and a set of LED taillights.

I figure the tranny will give me about a 13 wheel torque increase. Which should be quite noticeable and nice. Though the RMF header give very good increase and looks frickin cool as hell instead of my POS one. Hmmmm... decisions.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.