• Jackson Racing Supercharger

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Garrett, Turbonetics, Drag 3(Drag 4 supposedly out?), or possibly comptech supercharger, vortech supercharger, or jackson racing? If you have a b16a2 and have used any of these, please let me know how they turned out for you. Thanks!! Also, I already bought a quaife lsd tranny, just need the boost. Still running on stock internals. And which catback should i upgrade to? I'm thinking Tanabe Racing Medallion.

·
Registered
7,625 Posts
That's a pretty sweet-looking ride, love the color and all that. I assume the car is in Germany right now and that's where it's from?

I can't offer much advice on turbo or supercharging, but if you change your exhaust give me a holler, I'm also in Michigan and I want an exhaust that's sort of unique but i want it quiet. So if you put a TAnabe on there maybe we can work something out on the Sprint. Can you get me a pic of it? Thanks

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Registered
625 Posts
I believe Drag uses Garrett turbos. I'd pick the Drag 3 Kit myself but I prefer the Turbonetics turbo.

http://www.cybernationmotorsports.com/projects.htm

check out the link...scroll down until you see the Turbocharged Integra.. 499.2 HP and lbs. Torque to the Wheel on 15psi of Boost (and thats only 15 psi)... 60-1 T04E Turbonetics Turbo :D

0ne.nightrider-gsR

·
Registered
396 Posts
if you go with a supercharger i'd avoid the JRSC in favor of a centrifugal design. like klunge said you can use an intercooler, and you can get the boost much higher on those while roots type blowers are limited to around 8 or 10 psi. i'd go with the vortech, i know a couple guys with comptech s/c's who've had tons of problems since they got them.
for turbo's, you can't really go wrong with garrett... find a good kit like Greddy (correct me if i'm wrong but i think they use garretts).

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I hear Greddy TC's are crap. I'm thinking supercharger too. How much of a difference does an intercooler on a supercharger make? And what about an aftercooler?

·
Registered
7,625 Posts
Intercooler & aftercooler - 2 different names for the same thing. Depending on how much boost you run they can make a serious improvement in both power and reliability at the same time. At higher boost the charger is generating a lot of heat, so the air it sends into the intake is heated up. When you send it through the cooler it acts like a radiator to cool down the intake air which makes the air charge more dense (more power) and lowering the temp inside the cylinders reduces likelihood of detonation too.

Lower heat generating is one reason the centrifugal blower is better than the Eaton (positive displacement) blower. The centrifugal is like a turbo only with a belt-drive instead of an exhaust-driven turbine. This eliminates most of the heat associated with turbos, and since the Eaton blower compresses air between two screw-type rotors, these rotors create friction which increases heat and then you cant use an intercooler with it since it is basically part of the intake manifold.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts