Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i'm trying to figure out which suspension setup i should use for my soon to be H22 hatch

i wanted to go full coilovers (threaded strut w/ spring) but i'm not sure which company
i don't want to go any lower than 2" but i want to have the adjustability in case i need to change it up

i was thinking the Tokico coilovers but i'm pretty sure i read that it'll still lower your car 1 1/2" at it's heightest point

i want to be able to go from stock height to say 3"

and i hate the whole coilover sleeve w/ strut setup.... i've had them before and i hated them

·
Registered
6,555 Posts
misterpsycho said:
you cant go wrong with a tein setup.
and i dont think you want to lower it more than 2" as the oil pan will probably be on the ground and the axles will not be straight anymore (they'll wear out quick or even break)

·
Registered
225 Posts
i was going to suggest tein also.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
temp said:
i would suggest getting progress auto swap springs
i was thinking about getting those too but i kinda wanted adjustability only because the road i have to drive down to get to work is really crappy.... well, it's a dirt road

so if i'm too low then i can just push it up a little more

·
Registered
9,111 Posts
misterpsycho said:
i was thinking about getting those too but i kinda wanted adjustability only because the road i have to drive down to get to work is really crappy.... well, it's a dirt road

so if i'm too low then i can just push it up a little more
i have them on my car and its a 2" drop all the way around, the only other thing i would suggest is some GC's w/ custom spring rates

·
Registered
320 Posts
MY FRIEND HAS 94 COUPE WITH AN H22 AND HE'S USING TOKICO ILLUMINAS (THE WHITE ONES) WITH GROUND CONTROLS COIL OVERS WITH A 400 SPRING RATE IN THE FRONT TO SUPPORT THE MOTOR.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
jdmhonda98 said:
MY FRIEND HAS 94 COUPE WITH AN H22 AND HE'S USING TOKICO ILLUMINAS (THE WHITE ONES) WITH GROUND CONTROLS COIL OVERS WITH A 400 SPRING RATE IN THE FRONT TO SUPPORT THE MOTOR.
how low is it dropped? and how does it ride?

·
Registered
320 Posts
ALOT OF PEOPLE SAY THAT THE H22 IS TO HEAVY FOR AN EG, THAT'S BS: IF YOU GOT THE RIGHT SUSPENSION IT WILL RIDE JUST AS GOOD AND HANDLE WELL

·
Registered
26 Posts
i'm running tein basic coilovers...you can't go wrong with them....and they are actually pretty stiff ~400 lbs spring rate up in the front....or you can get JIC coilovers.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
changs4 said:
i'm running tein basic coilovers...you can't go wrong with them....and they are actually pretty stiff ~400 lbs spring rate up in the front....or you can get JIC coilovers.
how do the basic's ride??

·
Registered
928 Posts
misterpsycho said:
i'm trying to figure out which suspension setup i should use for my soon to be H22 hatch

i wanted to go full coilovers (threaded strut w/ spring) but i'm not sure which company
i don't want to go any lower than 2" but i want to have the adjustability in case i need to change it up

i was thinking the Tokico coilovers but i'm pretty sure i read that it'll still lower your car 1 1/2" at it's heightest point

and i hate the whole coilover sleeve w/ strut setup.... i've had them before and i hated them
Well, with coilovers you WILL be able to adjust your ride height. But I don't think that you realize that every time you change current height you are tweaking your alignment. In other words you will be forking over $50-75 every time you adjust your coilovers, if you want good alignment.

I am running an H22 in my eg Teg, I have Koni Yellows and Nuespeed Sport Springs (I think it's lowered 1.75 or 2.0'') and I just ordered energy suspension urthane bushings today. The car handles beter now with the H22 (minus P/S, A/C and relocated battery) then it did with the B18.

Just my .02

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Re: Re: Which setup for H22 hatch??

slim9300 said:
Well, with coilovers you WILL be able to adjust your ride height. But I don't think that you realize that every time you change current height you are tweaking your alignment. In other words you will be forking over $50-75 every time you adjust your coilovers, if you want good alignment.

I am running an H22 in my eg Teg, I have Koni Yellows and Nuespeed Sport Springs (I think it's lowered 1.75 or 2.0'') and I just ordered energy suspension urthane bushings today. The car handles beter now with the H22 (minus P/S, A/C and relocated battery) then it did with the B18.

Just my .02
i know i'll have to get an alignment after i put on my new suspension setup..... but why would i have to align it after i adjust the height?? the only thing it should effect is camber
once the wheels are straight, why would they go all funky if i adjust the height??

·
Registered
928 Posts
Yeah, what I really meant was camber, not alignment. I Just was confused last night.

·
Registered
11,248 Posts
Re: Re: Re: Which setup for H22 hatch??

misterpsycho said:
i know i'll have to get an alignment after i put on my new suspension setup..... but why would i have to align it after i adjust the height?? the only thing it should effect is camber
once the wheels are straight, why would they go all funky if i adjust the height??
you will change your camber, toe and castor everytime you change your ride height...

you do not want to be constantly tweaking your coilovers. If that is the case, then set it to the lowest setting that will accomodate *ALL* of your needs and leave it.

Besides, trust me, you will get tired of constantly playing with it and messing up your alignment.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts