Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
aside from konis, which shocks would be good to go with neuspeed race springs- bilstein, agx, or illuminas? for 98 civic.

·
Registered
894 Posts
why besides konis? konis are the best shocks out there. plus, neuspeed race springs are very stiff and low. you will need konis to handle the stiffness. but i dunno, u can get away wit illuminas.

·
Registered
6,555 Posts
bilstein. if you want to mess around with settings then the koni's

·
Registered
361 Posts
nah man i have neuspeed race springs and ive already been through the whole koni ordeal, they blow compared to my new Illuminas, trust me

·
Registered
44 Posts
Koni Yellows are definitely one of the best shocks out there. You will also be happy with the Illuminas or AGX. Check us out for great deals.

·
Registered
2,806 Posts
I have Illumina's and they work fine with the rae springs.

·
Registered
662 Posts
I had race springs with illuminas for well over a yr. Never had a problem and rode great. I plan on going that route again actually.

·
Registered
2,806 Posts
chzcake01 - What did you decide to do?

·
Registered
6,555 Posts
HatcHBacK3R said:
nah man i have neuspeed race springs and ive already been through the whole koni ordeal, they blow compared to my new Illuminas, trust me
koni sucks compared to illuminas? thats weird.

·
Registered
381 Posts
so far my friend's m3 was the only complaint i've seen.. his front shocks blew out twice within a few months span.. the rears were fine which also had the higher spring rate..

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
i got tokico illuminas and neuspeed race springs installed last week. im really impressed with the ride. i have them set at 3 all the way around.

·
Registered
2,806 Posts
chzcake01 said:
i got tokico illuminas and neuspeed race springs installed last week. im really impressed with the ride. i have them set at 3 all the way around.
I set mine of 4Fand 5R, but I like it rough..... really rough!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts