Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i am looking to upgrade my suspension mostly for a daily driver and the occasional autox. one of my options i was looking at was the Mugen Showa suspension kit...at kingmotorsports it says "This kit will lower your Prelude 1. The shock and spring rates were carefully chosen to give the best handling without compromising ride quality. This kit is pre-assembled with upper mounts and special Mugen hard rubber bushings" sounds like a kit that suits my needs. OR my second option is just go with the spring/strut combo...H&R Sport and Koni Yellow. one thing thats kinda drawing me away from the H&R sports/koni yellow combo is the possibility of needing a camber kit i dont really want to deal with that. BUT, if the H&R/Yellow setup is better suited for me, i will give it serious consideration.

· Registered
199 Posts
Iwould say definitly go with the H&R and koni setup. I have the nuespeed race springs (2.5") on my 5g lude and my camber isn't bad at all. It is actually better for autocrossing and tire wear hasn't been a problem.

With either kit just make sure and get an alignment after you install them.

· Registered
323 Posts
I wouldn't spend 1300 on a springs and shocks if your car is a daily driver and occasional autocrosser...it's up to you, but I don't think that it's worth the money...it would be cheaper to get H&R Sports, Koni Yellows, and a camber kit if you need one probably...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.