Votes: 2 15.4%
  • Mine was perfectly even from the start

Votes: 2 15.4%
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
490 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't see very many Accords, or even CL's for that matter with even hanging mufflers. This only applies if you have larger diameter piping as well. Without resorting to cable ties or whatever, I don't know of anyone who got a perfectly even match. I might seem anal but other types of cars seem to match up just fine...Why I ask you? 8 out of 10 seem to have the drivers side muffler hang lower too. Is it because the left muffler hanger also has to support more of the y-pipe? I told my installer to make sure he torques the bolts correctly..because sometimes that has an effect on how the pipes hang. He insisted he did..but today I went to work with cable ties to try and fix it..didn't have much luck...How many of you have uneven mufflers? Let me know..

·
Registered
3,194 Posts
drivers side, I even double up the hangers so it didn't shake like a leaf in the wind, and it helps even them a bit, but the drivers side still hangs lower.

·
Registered
563 Posts
neither..had to take mine to a muffler shop and raise the mufflers...fits nice and snug. Before, my left was lower

·
Registered
10 Posts
Yeah, my driver's side hangs slightly lower also. The passenger side is nice and snug under the bumper, but there's a little bit of a gap on my driver's side. :mad:

·
Registered
372 Posts
My left side hangs lower as well. I put the chrome tips for my car on before it left the lot and didn't really notice it till a few days later. I took it to the dealer after two weeks, and they did something but it's hanging low again...I'm like f&*ck it now.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts