Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
1.) Pioneer 4-Way 6-1/2" Speakers with 260 Watts Maximum Power:
260 Watts Maximum Power (50 Watts Normal)
4-Way 6-1/2" Speaker
Composite IMPP Cone with Aramid Fiber
Butyl Rubber Surround
1-5/8" New Polyester Fiber Balanced Dome Midrange
5/8" Dome Tweeter
Full Depth Basket for Deep Bass
New Spoke Grille Design

2.)Alpine SPS-17C2 6-1/2" Coaxial 2-Way Speaker features 250W Peak Power, Frequency Response: 35Hz - 30kHz, 1" Silk Soft Dome Tweeter, Aluminum Coated Polypropylene Cone Woofer, Mounting Depth: 2-13/32":
50W RMS Power Handling
250W Peak Power Handling
1" Silk Soft Dome Tweeter
Swivel Capabilities
Neodymium Magnet
Aluminum Coated Polypropylene Cone Woofer
Nomex Spider
Square Voice Coil Wire Design
Lightweight Air-Injected Rubber Edge
OEM Adapter Included
Frequency Response: 35Hz - 30kHz
Impedance (Nominal): 4 Ohm
Sensitivity: 92 dB/W/m
Mounting Diameter: 5-39/64" (142.24mm)
Mounting Depth: 2-13/32" (60.96mm)
Weight: 308g

3.)JBL Features Plus One Cone Woofer, Edge-driven Kaladex tweeter, Kaladex super tweeter. 60Watts RMS /180 Watts Peak Power Handling.

4.)Sony XS-V1641H 6-1/2" 4-Way Speaker with HOP Woofer Cone, a 1-3/16" Balanced Dome Midrange, 7/16" PEI Dome Tweeter, Features 250 Watts of Peak Power, 65 Watts of RMS...

Thanks

·
Registered
2,334 Posts
What is your budget? What do you plan to amp it with or are you planning to use HU power?

Alpine are good but the type S isnt that great. I would spend the extra money on the type R

JBL are also very good, they are very underrated speakers. btw, JBL =Infinity =Harman Kardon

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
SuperAkuma said:
What is your budget? What do you plan to amp it with or are you planning to use HU power?

Alpine are good but the type S isnt that great. I would spend the extra money on the type R

JBL are also very good, they are very underrated speakers. btw, JBL =Infinity =Harman Kardon
I plan to get an amp...but how many watts do i need in an amp? Will like 800 or 1000 watts do?

·
Registered
2,334 Posts
Dont look at peak watts look at RMS. Look for something that will give you about 70-100wRMS per channel at 4ohm.

give us a budget if u want us to help you find an amp or speaker for you

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
SuperAkuma said:
Dont look at peak watts look at RMS. Look for something that will give you about 70-100wRMS per channel at 4ohm.

give us a budget if u want us to help you find an amp or speaker for you
around $300...i need good speakers and an amp.

I was looking at the infinity kappa series and I found them for $89 a pair....If I put those in the back and the front what kind of amp do I need and how many watts?

·
Registered
10,923 Posts
I was planning on getting these for the Nissan:
http://www.crutchfield.com/S-nil5Qejztvz/cgi-bin/Prodview.asp?g=52000&i=1086012SI;
door depth is a problem with 200SX's, though.
I was planning on MB Quart's for the Honda, since
everyone says they're the shiznit :number1.
Every Pioneer product I've ever had was/is killer,
so...? I gotta' wear a "Please Don't Rape Me" T-shirt
whenever I check out electronics, seriously :lol2.

·
Registered
3,194 Posts

·
Registered
3,194 Posts
depends on the drivers and the amp and the rest of the system. With 500w going to each of my subs I feed about 150w to each side of the front stage and it's pretty even gains on all of the amps. With a good amp 50-75 goes a long way with a relatively efficient set of drivers if they are crossed over correctly. What drivers are you considering and what price range for an amp?

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
illusion said:
depends on the drivers and the amp and the rest of the system. With 500w going to each of my subs I feed about 150w to each side of the front stage and it's pretty even gains on all of the amps. With a good amp 50-75 goes a long way with a relatively efficient set of drivers if they are crossed over correctly. What drivers are you considering and what price range for an amp?
I really don't know anything about speakers...Im going to buy either the new infinity kappa series or eDi 6000s component speakers.
What r drivers? around $160 for an amp. Does the head unit matter?

R component speakers better than coaxial?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts