· Registered
2,988 Posts
SRLNCLT said:
What are the best for the price?
Neuspeed?
H & R?
Eibach?
Sprint?
All are around the same price and I'm lookin for 1.5-1.75 inch drop. So what ya think?
Lance

Q: What are the best for the price?

A: All are around the same price

I think you answered your own Q :D

Neuspeed sports if you want a nice ass ride and don't mind 2 fingers in the front and 1 in the rear. I love the ride / hate the look!!

· Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I want my ride to look just like yours on height cuz I don't want it too low cuz everyone and their dog is tellin me not to lower it. And I'm in Idaho so we get pretty nasty winters. I just want to know which are the best 4 the price. Thanx all!
Lance

· Registered
2,988 Posts
SRLNCLT said:
I want my ride to look just like yours on height cuz I don't want it too low cuz everyone and their dog is tellin me not to lower it. And I'm in Idaho so we get pretty nasty winters. I just want to know which are the best 4 the price. Thanx all!
Lance
You can grab a set of springs for less than $150. Most likely $140 for a set of Neuspeed Sports.

The shocks are what cost ya ;)

· Registered
1,017 Posts
Neuspeed sports are a nice ride with a moderate drop. Look into those as well.

· Registered
1,017 Posts
For a comfortable ride go with the sports. They aren't too bumpy. I had them on my car for almost two years and they were great. You can pick them up fairly cheap too. Drops you down right in the range you are looking for.

· Registered
323 Posts
They are all about the same, except for Sprint springs...I haven't heard very many good things about them.

Personally I would go with either the Eibachs or H&Rs before getting Neuspeeds, but that's me...

· Registered
1,221 Posts
sprint springs seem to be more for looks/extreme drops rather than performance

neuspeed springs lower the same amounts as the H&R's and the quality is the same...but the spring rates tend to be a bit less aggressive.

· Registered
1,017 Posts
Spring rates for Neuspeed sports are 250 front and 185 rear. That is fairly soft compared to most springs.

· Registered
12,727 Posts
deMad10 said:
Spring rates for Neuspeed sports are 250 front and 185 rear. That is fairly soft compared to most springs.
whats some stiff springs that drop around 1.8 inches?? I drive a prelude. I am thinking about switching back to springs from my skunk2's.

· Registered
303 Posts
I herd that skunk2 is where its @.
Coilovers the same as springs,
just adjustable? I think adjustable
is the way to go,
Just my .02 cents though.

Blaze

· Registered
1,017 Posts
Blaze said:
I herd that skunk2 is where its @.
Coilovers the same as springs,
just adjustable? I think adjustable
is the way to go,
Just my .02 cents though.

Blaze
There is a little more behind them then just saying they are the same. For one the spring on coilovers is way shorter. It makes it easier to adjust but if your tire comes all the way off the ground then the spring on the coilover sleeve is just chilling there without any force on it. That could cause issues for some people.

I have had springs, I have had coilovers. I like the coilovers more, but that is just my opinion. They have performed very well for me so far.

· Registered
34 Posts
lOOkatme said:

whats some stiff springs that drop around 1.8 inches?? I drive a prelude. I am thinking about switching back to springs from my skunk2's.
i also have a prelude(97) and i have eibach sportlines running on stock struts... nice ride... sont really feel the need to buy new struts.. but only time can tell. drop is 1.8-2 inches

· Registered
12,727 Posts
prelude00 said:

i also have a prelude(97) and i have eibach sportlines running on stock struts... nice ride... sont really feel the need to buy new struts.. but only time can tell. drop is 1.8-2 inches
I actually have eibach sportline springs sitting in my garage...when I installed them they went sooo low I was tucked...What the hell??

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.