Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a '91si with a zc swap non vtec.im just about ready to intsall my y8 head and want to install a new t-belt and water pump while doin the swap which belt should i go with (oem honda of course) z6 or y8? already have my p28 in place and converted to obd1, all ready have arp headstuds and cometic headgasket 75.5mm. thanks for the help

·
Registered
4,661 Posts
this has been asked WAY too many times.
Take some time out to SEARCH!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
y8 belt has good tension on it. i know the head is going to bump up the compression a little would u guys think i should replace the pistons while am this far... only planning on installing my turbo t04b running 8psi at most.daily driven (most of the time) reliable is what am going for

·
Registered
29 Posts
this has been asked WAY too many times.
Take some time out to SEARCH!
if you can take tha time to type this, you might as well help a brotha out.. dont be a wise guy towards newbs.!.

i am almost in tha same boat as tha mini me.. i swapped in a d15b from tha heart land and im not sure what belt to run. 1.5 err tha 1.6 z6 belt featuring it has a z6 head on it.. i heard that u use tha belt that matches what head u put on ur block.. is that true?? not stealing ur thread, just curious as well!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i used a t belt from z6. seems to be alright. the car runs good. improvement with vtch w/ chipped p28 waiting till spring to install my turbo kit (at least until winter is over) then the 90gsx will have to do

·
Registered
4,661 Posts
if you can take tha time to type this, you might as well help a brotha out.. dont be a wise guy towards newbs.!.
Seriously? It took 5 seconds for me to type that.

You're new here too.
You would get tired of answering the same questions OVER and over again when it can be answered by doing a simple search.
you fail.:bye

1 - 7 of 7 Posts