Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi guys if i do my turbo (homemade) can i use any turbo so if i go to the scrap yard and get a turbo off a probe or some thing else will it work going on sunday to scrap yard need to know quick

·
Registered
842 Posts
Well, from what I understand from various posts on here is that you do have a variety of options when it comes to a turbo, but I don't think I'd just pick a car and smack the turbo onto your system. For example, the turbos on some of the VW Jettas and whatnot are about the size of a healthy doughnut from Hy-Vee, and they will add little-to-no benefit for your buildup.

Why are you rushing your work? Take your time and research your turbo options. A new one is better than a used one!

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
im not really rushing i am going to the scrap yard for a free parts day and thought imight asa well get one if im there

·
Registered
842 Posts
Oh well shit yeah if you can find a free turbo that'd be an ok starter. Do you have any kind of list of cars available on the lot? I think it'd be hard to figure out what you should look for if you don't know what's on the lot. Maybe somebody else in here will have a good solution for you. Good luck buddy!

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
they dont keep track of the car because the cars come in and out really fast up to 200 cars daily they said.

so anyone know what i should look for to see if it still has the turbo in it

ex:

turbo probe
subaru turbo
vw turbo
which one will work

·
Registered
714 Posts
www.homemadeturbo.com.

That is the definitive resource on HMT's IMHO. Check em out, they have a lot of resources for hondas.

http://www.gamesbbs.com/~turbosi/junkyard_turbo_list.html.

That is a junkyard turbo list, more of what your looking for right now, but you still need to get some design parameters(an idea of how much power you want) before you go get a huge turbo off a diesel and not make as much power as you want because the motor redlines before the turbo completely spools up.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i want to make at least 150 hp and up. i can et a tubo fo fee so miht as well but i need to know which one so i wil check those sites

·
Registered
6,555 Posts
check those site. also check the stickies in the Turbocharger forum and use the search function. you'll find a lot of usefull info here.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts