Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
theres two sides but it will fit in either side but one side has some sorta seals that are like white and like painted on rubber

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
am i gonna have problems i f its in a certain way??? the books and pdfs dont say nuthin and theres no markings on the gasket

·
Registered
220 Posts
look very very carefully and pick the side which does not block any of the coolant or dowel holes. The side thats suppose to be facing up should be marked "UP"... if all else fails, contact the people you got it from and ask them specifically.

I dunnno tho I've never replaced a head gasket, I just searched around a little for you to give you this answer... it may get you to thinking so you can solve this one quickly on your own.

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
it can go either side the holes are exactly the same and line up either way but from looking at the old one i thing i got it in right

·
Registered
220 Posts
Alright, well good luck with that man. I wish you the best of luck! Make sure you get your head bolts tightened to spec!

·
Registered
20,271 Posts
shit...look at the one u have. there should be a little number plate on it. match it that way. my first time doing mine i was in a hirry and didnt pay attention den i had to redo it.

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
yeah i know 2 stages :22flbs and then 49, got on prob theres not enough room for a half inch drive socket for my torque wrench and i cant find my 3/8 adapter, if it aint always sumthin

·
Registered
20,271 Posts
90lxcivicnocat said:
yeah i know 2 stages :22flbs and then 49, got on prob theres not enough room for a half inch drive socket for my torque wrench and i cant find my 3/8 adapter, if it aint always sumthin
yea i used my 1/2 wrench with a 3/8 convertor..dont forget stage 2 once ur done the first time

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
my old gasket came apart in 3 peices...one side stayed on the block and the other plus the metal core stayed on the head and i tryed peeling it off and all i got was metal, but i can tell which side was which way some im thinkn its on right and from the marks the gaskets imprinted on the head and block it has to be in correctly

·
Registered
20,271 Posts
90lxcivicnocat said:
my old gasket came apart in 3 peices...one side stayed on the block and the other plus the metal core stayed on the head and i tryed peeling it off and all i got was metal, but i can tell which side was which way some im thinkn its on right and from the marks the gaskets imprinted on the head and block it has to be in correctly
make sure u scraped the old stuff off

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
yeah, that took 5 hours it was very bad!!!!!!!!!!!! and i was careful not to scratch the head or block thats why it took so long, ive never had one this bad, they overheated thi motor before i got it cus my heat tab is fine, and they put those on once they get the motors in, so who ever had it in japan roasted it, never changed the oil and who knows what else

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.