Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
554 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Like the above says..got so many options and I'd like to have all your opinions. Oh yeah, it's good to see superhonda back..
Okay, it seems like I'm dedicating most of my $$ to my rex. I sold my body kit that's on my 4gen civic, also willing to sell my JRSC, and 17 inch wheels from my civic so I can make my rex a killah.
Okay what motor?..Here's where I just can't make my mind up..I'm still saving money up paycheck to paycheck. Can't decide between...
1. B16a w/ turbo
2. LS/vtec stroked to a 2.0 (going n/a on this one) or should I just go B20/vtec?
Thanks for your opinions.

·
Registered
696 Posts
If you are going to NA something go with the b16. Also, if you are going to turbo go b18. You should look into this more

·
Registered
176 Posts
twofacedsir said:
Like the above says..got so many options and I'd like to have all your opinions. Oh yeah, it's good to see superhonda back..
Okay, it seems like I'm dedicating most of my $$ to my rex. I sold my body kit that's on my 4gen civic, also willing to sell my JRSC, and 17 inch wheels from my civic so I can make my rex a killah.
Okay what motor?..Here's where I just can't make my mind up..I'm still saving money up paycheck to paycheck. Can't decide between...
1. B16a w/ turbo
2. LS/vtec stroked to a 2.0 (going n/a on this one) or should I just go B20/vtec?
Thanks for your opinions.
Aloso you can think about adding NOS...

·
Registered
554 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Re: Re: which way to go?

Orange said:

Aloso you can think about adding NOS...
How good will a B16 handle NOS? I already have a nitrous express wet kit. Was using it on my D16a6 before my JRSC on my civic. It was fun..was scared to try both together (nitrous and JRSC), didn't want to f-up the SC. I think nitrous goes better with the turbo.

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
forget NOS...its the devil

If you want to go NA building up a b16, b18c, or a crvtec would be great. Especially a CRVTEC

If you want to go turbo, a b18 or CRVTEC would be good.

Please stay away from NOS though, its the cheapy cheapy way of getting things done.

·
Registered
5 Posts
yea, you dont need nos.. how often are you gonna squeeze that shit on the streets. How much are you willing to spend? are you using it as a daily driver? if so, i wouldnt go with the CRVtec. It's as heavy as a H22 and you know what happens when you drop in an H22 on a crx. All you go is straight. =) well, you can turn but only if you have lots of axels to spare.

I would go with the b16, b18. (or use two and make an LS/Vtec)

·
Registered
554 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ProjectGSxTiTs said:
if so, i wouldnt go with the CRVtec. It's as heavy as a H22 and you know what happens when you drop in an H22 on a crx. All you go is straight. =)

Isn't a B20 block not that much heavier than any other B-series block?..After looking at www.crvtec.com, I'm being convinced to go that route. Does anyone out there have a CR-VTEC in there rex or any other H-car? Any problems?

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
TURBO!

·
Registered
554 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
PSIKOTICsi said:
Sup psr..ooops, sorry it's psikotic now.:D How's your turbo running. Still kicking ass huh. It's good to see ya gots your car back from the pound. I'm thinking about going turbo, if I gets the B16a. But I wants some of that low end grunt too.. the turbo pulls only when in boost, but when not, it feels like a d16 I heard. Aw shoots, I just might go ahead and build a LS/vtec and turbo dat puppy..oh heck, Turbo CRVTEC:D , now I'm in lala land.

·
Registered
442 Posts
JRSC AND NOS

THESE TWO GO GREAT TOGETHER. WHAT YOU WANT I A PLATE KIT INSTEAD OF THE WET SYSTEM.

WHE THE SC COMPESSES THE AIR, HE AIR HEATS UP AS IT IS FED TO YOUR ENGINE. THE N20 WILL DASTICALLY COOL THE AIR PLUSGIVE YOU THE SHOT OF LAUGHY STUFF. - TWO FOR THE PRICE OF ONE -

WARNING!! DO NOT USE A LARGE SHOT OF N20 UNLESS YOU WANT TO SEE RODS FLY! IF YOU NEED MORE INFO ON THIS SET UP I WOULD BE HAPPY TO HELP.

·
Registered
554 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Selects car, is there a plate kit made for the b16a or D16a. I've seen a plate kit our there by NOS, but only for the GSR manifold, and plus the JRSC takes place of the manifold, no plate to put in. I've heard direct port with the JRSC would be good. Didn't want ruin the JRSC manifold though, in case I wanted to get rid of it, I could sell my JRSC in good condition.

·
Registered
442 Posts
JRSC told me that they have a plate kit for the D series. The plate gts mounted between th charger and the block. JRSC also said to go with ZEX..dont know if their contracted together or if genuine recommendaion though.

Suggestion...
Contact Zex for the late kit on which engine you have/want.

I am waiting for the ZEX kit until get my bottom end built up.

·
Registered
1,389 Posts
teh crv block is only slightly heavier than anyother b series block due to bigger pistons and rods. my sugestion would to take ur sc sell it get a b20z and a gsr head mate them get a turbo kit of some sort dragg, rev hard or make ur own. build teh block before u put it in and then u will have a nasty combination. how do u like that sc on ur car any times? i may get one just to play with for my d15 but i have some turbo stuff laying around but i dunno.

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
CRVTECs are the greatest...for those non honda/acura people, it'll look like you have a regular b series VTEC motor. When in reality u have the super jesus

·
Registered
442 Posts
I am sticking with my D series and JRSC because nobody else does. I am looking to build mine to be able to take out the almighty "B." I like the complete low end toque over the lag w/ huge horse power -- personal pref.

Wont be finished till next year as I am still working on Exteror/Interior, but I have a good start.

Times I don have because I dont want to run it untill its done, But I am beating upgraded civics, del sols, eclipses/talons, etc.

I am trying to get my profile set up with pic/major mods but until then if you want to see itcheck iton www.ardperformnce.com - blue CRX.

-- ARD should be paying me for all the reffering I do to their website --
:D

·
Registered
5 Posts
jdmb18hatch said:
...get a b20z and a gsr head mate them get a turbo kit of some sort dragg, rev hard or make ur own. build teh block before u put it in and then u will have a nasty combination...
I would go with a B16a head with the block. here's a quote from crvtec.com

"B16 head is the best head for all motor or turbo. The B16 flow numbers are 5.25% better than a GSR head. That's huge. On a 300 hp car that's about 18.2 hp. "

·
Registered
5 Posts
your car is pretty nice selectscar.. but the accord headlights are just a tad too big for the little crx. that just my opinion though. I rather go with the 94and up JDM Prelude one piece headlights.
But anyways, nice job with the headlights conversion.

·
Registered
678 Posts
SLECTSTAR

HEY BAD ASS REX DUDE LUV THE WHOLE THING U GOT GOING ON THERE I WOULD HATE TO SEE THIS CAR ON THE STREET. ID BE RUNNING SCARED WITH MY SI. BY THE WAY KIND OF NUMBERS ON THE HP U PUTTING DOWN.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts