Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,442 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my question is would you choose a cable tranny or hydraulic tranny and why? i was looking at engine swaps, and of course the cable tranny is cheaper, but i don't know if i want to go that route. just wanted to hear your opinions, and make sure you state a reason. thanks

·
Registered
1,051 Posts
if you have a 92 hatch, you already have hydraulic so stick with it. I think older civics like the EF came with the cable tranny...I'm pretty sure the EG's came with the hydraulic. I choose hydraulic :nod

·
Registered
2,442 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
1hgej1 said:
if you have a 92 hatch, you already have hydraulic so stick with it. I think older civics like the EF came with the cable tranny...I'm pretty sure the EG's came with the hydraulic. I choose hydraulic :nod
are you just saying that cuz it would be easier? i plan on swapping a b16 in, and there's one with cable and one with hydraulic, so i was just wondering. you think that the hydraulic would be easier?

·
Registered
471 Posts
projecthatch92 said:
are you just saying that cuz it would be easier? i plan on swapping a b16 in, and there's one with cable and one with hydraulic, so i was just wondering. you think that the hydraulic would be easier?
Yes, staying hydraulic would be a lot easier. You wouldn't even have to do anything. You would have to swap in a older pedal assembly to use a cable tranny. I have driven in car's with both (I'm guessing almost everybody has) and Hydraulic transmission is WAY better.

·
Registered
1,051 Posts
your car already has a hydraulic transmission if you have an eg. like st johns said, the clutch pedal response is better than cable. there's no point in doing a conversion to something that isn't better than what you already have.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts