Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
8,193 Posts
take them off and throw them away,I traded mine for some steelies cause after you clean them they are dirty after like 4 miles of driving.

I used this stuff at the local dollar store called "AWSOME" it is like $1 and does as good as $4/$5 cleaners from autozone/advanced autoparts

·
Premium Member
13,998 Posts
White rims = paint and paint = paint care.

Simple enough , car soap and water would of course be the easiest on your painted rims.

If you want more aggressive look for any cleaner that fits your profile. Painted rim cleaner. Other than that you can try simple green with a light mix, then be sure to spray completely off and probably soap it with car soap to just make sure the ph is right.

·
Registered
8,193 Posts
you will not get off that easy with white rims,sorry

Like I said before get rid of them cause IMO they are more trouble then they are worth

·
Premium Member
13,998 Posts
Yes, anything that works on painted rims will help. You wont find anything really that allows brake dust to be removed without having to touch. Without damaging your painted surfaces.

The cleaner you will use will help, but of course wont and cant be as strong as the ones that allow you to spray on and wash away.

Maybe there is. But im not sure what that is.

·
Registered
325 Posts
I bought a honda powerwasher last year, it was about 500 bucks, but ive probobly saved money by now cause i wash my car 2-3 times a week. it cleans up my white rims damn quick and i dont have to touch them once, just slap the mr clean autodry on after i wash and i dont have to touch my car at all.

thats probobly not a very feasable idea unless your a clean car nut like me, but imo it was worth every dollar.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.