Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
now every when i step on it in my car its like when i put in a gear it trows out a white poof of smoke not alot just a little and it only happens when i put in gear when going fast what could it be

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
oil is good coolant i think is good but i do have a leak like where the intake manifold is at in the bottom of it there something that has to do with the coolant cause last time i checked my coolant was leaking through the bottom of the manifold by any chance do you know what part it is that its leaking from.

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
sketchsi said:
oil is good coolant i think is good but i do have a leak like where the intake manifold is at in the bottom of it there something that has to do with the coolant cause last time i checked my coolant was leaking through the bottom of the manifold by any chance do you know what part it is that its leaking from.
check the thermostat housing, are you sure it coming from the manfold? sometimes if is leaking from the back is teh thermostat housing you'll need a new gasket! Your pistons ring may have gone out because that could be the reason why your blowing white smoke

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
i checked the oil cap thing i took it off while the car was running and no smoke through there what could it be do u all think it might be my oxygen sensor the one that goes on my header cause i think i heard that when that one is not working good i think you throw white smoke too and my ecu is marking code 1 oxygen you all think that could be it. and how do i do a leak down test

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
sketchsi said:
i checked the oil cap thing i took it off while the car was running and no smoke through there what could it be do u all think it might be my oxygen sensor the one that goes on my header cause i think i heard that when that one is not working good i think you throw white smoke too and my ecu is marking code 1 oxygen you all think that could be it. and how do i do a leak down test
ya you need a new oxygen sensor, if it's throwing a code, there a tool to get the leakdown test i think you can rent one at autozone. or go to a mechanic shop and get one done

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.