Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

241 - 260 of 287 Posts

·
Registered
12,455 Posts
what turbo u gonna run on the bimmer? you made a choice yet?

and hey, if this guy wants a turbo, I'll have my 15g for sale in a month or so once it comes off my car.

·
Darth Chinko
29,826 Posts
how much???
15g is too small for your car.
i'd go with an spa turbo if it were me

@ eric. i'm going with an spa5000s and spa top mount manifold. or if i get a little more funds maybe a t4 flanged gt35r. but 1300 dollars for a turbo is friggin expensive. spa is half that with similar performance and journal bearing over ball which is a little more reliable for daily driving

·
Registered
12,455 Posts

@ eric. i'm going with an spa5000s and spa top mount manifold. or if i get a little more funds maybe a t4 flanged gt35r. but 1300 dollars for a turbo is friggin expensive. spa is half that with similar performance and journal bearing over ball which is a little more reliable for daily driving
I guess I figured it would be a decent match for a 2.0l 4, but you sure wouldn't make big power with it. I suppose the K series head can flow quite a bit more air than D and B heads.

But it is a soild journal bearing reliable turbo.

·
Registered
12,455 Posts

but GT35's are awesome!! Can't you get GT35's in journal bearing??

·
Darth Chinko
29,826 Posts
I guess I figured it would be a decent match for a 2.0l 4, but you sure wouldn't make big power with it. I suppose the K series head can flow quite a bit more air than D and B heads.

But it is a soild journal bearing reliable turbo.
yes honda heads are ridiculous, vtec heads are even more ridiculous. don't want to choke it where its designed to reach peak power in the power band :-D

·
Registered
12,455 Posts

·
Registered
12,455 Posts
My k20 may not have a lot of torqure, but its still decent for whats it got
Agreed, for an n/a 2.0l in a glorified economy car, its pretty darn good. I still miss my integra. Where Honda's shine is in the corners, where you can put its great suspension and high revving top end power to use. For the street and the stip, its pretty useless tho.

·
Registered
12,455 Posts
Yea that's why im hoping a header/Cai/reflash will help
should give you some more pep, I prob. picked up 10-15hp in my teg with bolt-ons, what was nicer about the mods more than the power was the better throttle response and smoother/easier revving when you did need power. I do miss bombing the twisties in 3rd with the secondary butterflies wide open @ 6.5k RPM's, oh and a big cloud of VTEC smoke :lol

·
Registered
111 Posts
That's all im really looking for right now. This is my only car for now, so I'm just looking to get a little more spunk. I probably will turbo it down the road

·
Registered
12,455 Posts
I'm trying to get some more spunk outta my only car too, I know how it goes. But I'm swapping turbo's, putting a full 3in TBE, dodge 4bar FPR, and a nice tune. I can't wait for 300hp + of boosted sweedish house on wheels

241 - 260 of 287 Posts