Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

261 - 280 of 287 Posts

·
Registered
12,455 Posts
I'm still learning lots too, this is my first boosted car. However, it came from the factory boosted, so I didn't have to do as much hw on the setup as say you would have to, but you can turbo anything, even a lawnmower.

Tho now that I've started seriously upgrading things, and moving away from the stock turbo, I've had to learn a thing or two about choosing the right turbo, how to properly supply the engine more effectively with air and fuel, how everything is timed ect. Knowledge will come with time and doing your homework.

·
Registered
111 Posts
I had a turbo for my talon, but I sold it. I had to much bullshit go on with that car. I rebuilt the motor and did a 5 speed swap with a stage 2 clutch put a header and Cai on it but it was still slow as hell

·
Registered
12,455 Posts
I had a turbo for my talon, but I sold it. I had to much bullshit go on with that car. I rebuilt the motor and did a 5 speed swap with a stage 2 clutch put a header and Cai on it but it was still slow as hell
Chances are it wasn't running right, it is a DSM, lol. Wait, was yours boosted from the factory or did you have an N/A dsm?

·
Registered
111 Posts
It was a n/a piece of shit.. i had a shop in toledo,oh rebuild the motor and almost had them turbo it but the car wasnt worth it. I had planned on just Driving it till it died but I got tired of looking it at

·
Darth Chinko
29,826 Posts
It was a n/a piece of shit.. i had a shop in toledo,oh rebuild the motor and almost had them turbo it but the car wasnt worth it. I had planned on just Driving it till it died but I got tired of looking it at
ahh a boosted 420a people are actually making some pretty good power with those. but it was a dsm one of the most unreliable vehicles ever built. remember that. if you do your research and exercise patience, you will come out an affordable reliable fi application for your current car

·
Registered
111 Posts
That's what I planned. The talon had the 4g63 in but still a crappy motor. Lifters started ticking on rebuilt motor only 30,000 in

·
Registered
12,455 Posts
thats usually the only choice with low displacement 4-5 cyl engines. Even my motor is kinda a turd without a turbo on it. Only 170hp and 200ish lb. ft of torque, but add some boost and it magically jumps to 240hp and 258ft. lb of torque.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Yea my talon was rated at like 135hp to the crank, but my brother has a 91 eclipse turbo which is rated at like 195hp and we had the same motor. so yea its crazy what a turbo will do

·
Registered
12,455 Posts
Yea my talon was rated at like 135hp to the crank, but my brother has a 91 eclipse turbo which is rated at like 195hp and we had the same motor. so yea its crazy what a turbo will do
Its not the same motor. The n/a DSM's had the 420a, which is out of a dodge neon, the boosted ones had the 4g63.

·
Darth Chinko
29,826 Posts
better turbo lower comp ratio no crank walk

·
Registered
15 Posts
hey all

Name: Bret Hart, yea really
School: graduated HS in 07, full time employee
Work: Hi-Tech Mold & Eng. im a full time machinist
Hobbies other than my car: kid, car, art,
Car: 1991 Integra Hatch back, switched to a maunal trans before i bought it. 1.8 Honda under the hood, but unsure of stamping, havent found it yet.
Future mods- i wanna get it running right before modding. but im excited about it

261 - 280 of 287 Posts