Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My gearbox just started doing this a week ago and the thing was just rebuilt by JUN but the funny thing is it only happens high up in the revs.....these gearboxes are really weak hmm?? It's a 97-98 JSpec Integra Type R gearbox with the US spec final drive.

· Registered
31 Posts
Show it to JUN.

I'd take it back to JUN, give em a look.

Mine's only a 2000 model, so you've had your alot longer.
I've had no problems..... Oh I did grind 2nd to 3rd Once.
That was my fault, Racing change that didn't work.

Why do you say these boxes are so weak?

The only thing I plan to do is put a magnet in the Sump Plug.

Later.

· Registered
348 Posts
Very simple cure for most tranny problems, Change the tranny fluid to Honda MTF. If you have it in there then change it anyway.

Most people who have tried a different fluid have gone back to Honda MTF either due to gear crunching or poor shifting.

So I have heard that Honda MTF has addatives in the oil to prevent damage and to increase shifting smoothness.

Good luck and try Honda MTF.

· Registered
44 Posts
I dont class myself as a great driver, but i know when it isnt me that cuased a crunch slamming thru the gears....i have a 2000 ITR jdm model (Oz) and at 30k they had to change the fluid as it was crunching downshifting from 4th into 3rd....oild change fixed that....but lately i am now getting crunch from 2nd into 3rd at high revs.....a friend of mine said to slow down my shifting (put a slight pause when going thru neutral into the other gear), but i think thats a crap idea to stop the crunching, gear changes should be a fluid motion....

50k service due in 1.5k

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.