Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
395 Posts
sweet, woo hoo. so happy about this forum, the element gods rule!!!

·
Registered
10,424 Posts
I test drove a Tangerine metallic EX yesterday, I was very impressed with it. May be getting one at the end of the month, if I do I will do a better write up on it.

·
Premium Member
13,998 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Went and test drove one. Its pretty roomy. The drive was nice. Its got a car like drive with a bit of a sportiness to it. I drove the regular version not the SC. The SC had some very nice looking color and standing in front of it I was pretty impressed.

The price is also pretty good. This or the new CRV would suite me well if I decided to go this route. I might be driving one soon.

·
Registered
10,424 Posts
mike_sho said:
Went and test drove one. Its pretty roomy. The drive was nice. Its got a car like drive with a bit of a sportiness to it. I drove the regular version not the SC. The SC had some very nice looking color and standing in front of it I was pretty impressed.

The price is also pretty good. This or the new CRV would suite me well if I decided to go this route. I might be driving one soon.
All 3 models are mechanically the same and the LX model is the only one that has the ugly black panels. The SC has 2 things about it that I like over the EX, first is the headlights/lower front grill area and second is the center console connecting to the dash. But at the same time I hate the stitched tribal pattern that they put on the SC seats. Also I think the blinkers on the LX/EX look better than the ones on the SC.
Our test drive was in an EX and was smooth and silk considering we have some really bumpy roads here and the K24A1 pulled really nice up the hills here, and boy do we have some big ass hills here.

Right now we are considering the EX or SC in 4 wheel drive…

Mike the current line of CR-V’s are cool and all but just don’t look as fun in my opinion, plus the stock stereo in the Element kills the stock one in the CR-V. Then the when you consider the room the Element has makes it a winner in my book

·
Premium Member
13,998 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Rev ATARI said:
All 3 models are mechanically the same and the LX model is the only one that has the ugly black panels. The SC has 2 things about it that I like over the EX, first is the headlights/lower front grill area and second is the center console connecting to the dash. But at the same time I hate the stitched tribal pattern that they put on the SC seats. Also I think the blinkers on the LX/EX look better than the ones on the SC.
Our test drive was in an EX and was smooth and silk considering we have some really bumpy roads here and the K24A1 pulled really nice up the hills here, and boy do we have some big ass hills here.

Right now we are considering the EX or SC in 4 wheel drive…

Mike the current line of CR-V’s are cool and all but just don’t look as fun in my opinion, plus the stock stereo in the Element kills the stock one in the CR-V. Then the when you consider the room the Element has makes it a winner in my book
Dood that and im amazed at the safety in these cars. They hold out better than a nissan armada and the infiniti qx56 , which are huge ass suv's.

Yeah you pretty much hit it on the spot. The only reason I wanted to test an SC is the rims. There smaller profile , and wide.

Either way the car boogied and I didnt want to get on it to hard. I also like that you can hook in an ipod or get xm. The element is very configurable and does seem to have more room and just a cooler look.

Also watching these cars get wrecked is crazy. It seems honda builds in a way to make the cars ass end go into the air to deflect some of the energy. Its nearly amazing.

Also watch a ford f-150 crash test , youll fucking laugh. The worst car in safety on earth. Kill more drivers and kills more people in other cars than any other once you see the crash test youll know why. LOL

·
Registered
395 Posts
the safety aspect sealed the deal for me. i have the exs, side airbags option. it boosted the safety rating from mid to top. i think it only cost another $600. i really like my element, i've off roaded thru some pretty muddy and rutty terrain and it trudged thru on street tires. i've camped, driven thru the mountains, beach sand, carried all types of cargo from bikes to a dirt bike and pulled my boat and trailer, it has passed all tests with flying colors. i'm still highly impressed with my element and don't even want to consider another suv. if i could answer any questions feel free to ask. oh and yeah the stereo does kick ass, the mp3 input really comes in handy.

·
Premium Member
13,998 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
After major research the Element does score high. But the rear passengers in a side impact were at a higher risk than some.

The cars that did the best was the CR-V , Pilot and Odyssey. Those had really good side impact numbers. They pretty much beat out all other ratings.

I kinda dont like the 5 star rating , its misleading but easy to read. The fact is a car can get a 5 star. While numbers off the top of my head the thoratic trauma or head injury criteria , was 400 , while in the 100's on the above mentioned. But still none the less a front crash your pretty good as well a side crash , if your a driver. The car weighs 3500 lbs and its very roomy inside. Definently crushes the Scion.

The SC was very nice to look at , I mean you gotta goto a Honda and stand in front of one. It only takes a few seconds and if you like asian market cars this one hits it nicely will keeping it large enough to merit American use and comfort.

Either way Honda still has got it , they need to keep pushing for more and more mpg and eco friendly cars and there safety I hear is still of major concern and they have been greatly changing it.

My DD accord is 3 times less safe than an element. Most of the 5 star ratings though do mean like 90% of wrecks youll be safe with no major injury.

Given these ratings are within spec of your crash. Most are at max 40mph versus a 3500lb vehicle. So if your hit by a 5000 suv at 70mph. You might kiss yourself and your passengers goodbye.

Also interesting enough the 5000lb vehicles. Like the escalade , armada , infiniti and such. They had pretty bad ratings , I thought weight was the saver , but it seems its worse in a heavier vehicle. The main problem with a 5000lb vehicle is when they hit you they crush you really bad. So there is no reason to get a huge SUV. Just get a safe one and Honda offers the best of all worlds.

Also a New Pilot is due in 2008 and that car is gonna look BA. I can gurantee. If I go SUV I might try that , im getting old and lugging wood and stuff isnt so easy with a Prelude and or an Accord.

·
Registered
3 Posts
my wife owns 06 Element and we love it we took it to the Fl Keys and let me tell you the all purpose floor mats and seats come in handy with the sand . I have a 06 civic and her car gets just as good gs miliage as mine

·
Registered
5 Posts
awesome..

this is awesome, good call Mike-Sho

at first, i wasn't too happy moving from a 240hp beast (2001 s2k) to an element... that same night after i bought the car, i searched a couple of forums right away and man was i impressed w/ the type of reviews, feedback, and all the photos of the different ways E's could look. Day #2 after test driving more and cruising around and helping my bro move stuff out of his old place, i was an extremely happy camper! So far, definitely NO COMPLAINTS. a definite bang for the buck

I've previously owned a 2000 Civic LX, 2001 Berlina S2K... and now we have an 06 NBP Element EX-P (mine), and a Galaxy Gray Civic Sedan EX (wifey's)

·
Premium Member
13,998 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yeah its certainly a good all around car. Drives pretty car like too. The SC was also really nice looking. Im sure you could swap on a SC front end pretty easily if you ever felt the need.

Main thing is to keep your child in the center. When you get two kids youll probably want to move up to a pilot. Its safer in the side impacts.

Also the way these cars deflect weight from a crash is wild. Not sure if I already said it but youll see the rear end lifts up quite a bit and it seems like it also uses the tires to crush and diffuse the energy.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I love my Element as well.

I too love the SC and how it looks but the thing is they only come in 2WD and don't have the rear moon roof like the EX's offer so I got my EX and plan to do a SC front end conversion.

gbrieva; I love that pic in your avatar. Can you post a full size of that sexy beast?

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
Nice ass Element bro, clean clean clean.

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
Obsessed_Tuner said:
I must say that my sister has one , and it has a lot more room then I expected , she has tinted the windows and put on some 18"s not bad for her , I like it
Worthless without pics xD

Tinted windows = first mod any car should go through xD

1 - 20 of 32 Posts