Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i want cross drilled AND slotted rotors for my s2000, i dont even think they exist, ebc brakes makes a slotted and dimpled rotor but i dont like the color, its that bronzy type of nickel plating, anyone got any links or name brands?

·
Registered
456 Posts
OSOVTEC said:
i want cross drilled AND slotted rotors for my s2000, i dont even think they exist, ebc brakes makes a slotted and dimpled rotor but i dont like the color, its that bronzy type of nickel plating, anyone got any links or name brands?

Is there are reason you want cross drilled a slotted?
Slotted have a purpose, cross drilled are for looks, both are bad for braking performance for every day driving.

The only rotors I would use are Brembo OEM replacements, Power Slot slotted or Honda OEM.

·
Registered
4,112 Posts
OSOVTEC said:
Get brembo blanks. You do not need all the cross drilling and slotting. I doubt your drive anywhere near the limit of the stock braking system of that car. Noone does (unless they are on a track constantly).

·
Registered
4,955 Posts
OSOVTEC said:
that "bronzy" type helps with heat dissipation, but like the other guy said they put pretty good brakes on the s2000 to begin with so oem's would do fine if you didn't wanna spend alot of money. going to the track and want better than stock power? brembos all the way :D

·
Registered
371 Posts
Back when I had a Prelude, I went with the Brembo OEM style rotors. They stopped identical to the stock rotors and were cheaper, but did warp more quickly and I was not very hard on them.

·
Registered
3,117 Posts
Last night I just installed Brembo crossdrilled and slotted rotors front and rear, Mintex pads, Goodridge stainless steels lines, and seals/beearings and other stuff on my Corrado. Not only does it look awesome, but it stops great too. I recommend it to anyone.

·
Registered
482 Posts
Whatever you do, do NOT buy Powerslot rotors. They are probably the worst quality available. What rotors warp after 5 months of daily driving? Powerslot, thats who. Dont buy those sorry excuses for rotors. I got Duralast rotors from Autozone. They are blank OEM replacements and they were only $21 each for my Integra with a 2 year full replacement warranty :clap .

·
Registered
59 Posts
personally I think cross drilled slotted rotors are stupid, they only look good on big brake upgrades. I talked to my mechanics they said, slotted cross drill will chew up your pads.
Well thats my opinion, i'm agreeing with them go with the oem blank brembo.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.