Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Premium Member
3,213 Posts
Layzie24 said:
Who makes the best Turbo kits for Civics? Rev Hard or FMAX?
IMO FMAX out of those 2

· Registered
53 Posts
Layzie24 said:
Who makes the best Turbo kits for Civics? Rev Hard or FMAX?
Thats too general of a question but I believe Rev Hard is better than F-Max in general. I personally would go w/ a drag III kit, that's what 80% of the guys use over at **********.com. Most people don't like the extra injector crap that F-max uses in their kit and the greddy kits are just to small.

· Registered
254 Posts
Re: Re: Who makes the Best Turbo Kits?

jamal-188 said:

Thats too general of a question but I believe Rev Hard is better than F-Max in general. I personally would go w/ a drag III kit, that's what 80% of the guys use over at **********.com. Most people don't like the extra injector crap that F-max uses in their kit and the greddy kits are just to small.

i dont agree with the extra injector stuff from fmax either..but i guess thats how they make more power with the stock injectors...notice the amount of power that fmax has over drag???

· Registered
53 Posts
Re: Re: Re: Who makes the Best Turbo Kits?

RudeLude said:

notice the amount of power that fmax has over drag???
I dont' think F-max makes much more power than the drag III kits? There are many different factors in comparing power between kits, peak power is certainly not everything, there are many other factors to consider such as what what psi the kits are running, tunning issues ect.. beside I believe F-max kit is a decent amount more than drag kits.

· Registered
73 Posts
Re: Re: Re: Who makes the Best Turbo Kits?

RudeLude said:

i dont agree with the extra injector stuff from fmax either..but i guess thats how they make more power with the stock injectors...notice the amount of power that fmax has over drag???
F-Max doesnt use stock injectors, they use lucas 440cc's. As for the extra injector stuff, they provide a fuel management system so that u can run those 440cc inj on the stock ecu. this puts less load on the fuelpump, unlike the rising rate fpr that the revhard and drag kits use that stress the fuel pumps. also they provide headgasket and msd boost timing master which retards the timing, which as we all no helps prevent detonation. What it all comes down to is personal preference, all the kits produce nearly the same peak HP but they use different aproaches to accomplish that. Doing some research and contacting the companies is gonna be your best bet. that way you can see which one will best meet your individual needs and wallet size.

· Registered
254 Posts
Re: Re: Re: Re: Who makes the Best Turbo Kits?

DragLab01 said:

F-Max doesnt use stock injectors, they use lucas 440cc's. As for the extra injector stuff, they provide a fuel management system so that u can run those 440cc inj on the stock ecu. this puts less load on the fuelpump, unlike the rising rate fpr that the revhard and drag kits use that stress the fuel pumps. also they provide headgasket and msd boost timing master which retards the timing, which as we all no helps prevent detonation. What it all comes down to is personal preference, all the kits produce nearly the same peak HP but they use different aproaches to accomplish that. Doing some research and contacting the companies is gonna be your best bet. that way you can see which one will best meet your individual needs and wallet size.
[
/QUOTE]

what i meant was along with the stock injectors....but i still dont like the extra injectors soi think i'll go with drag

dan

· Registered
53 Posts
Layzie24 said:
Alright, so if I had to pick between FMAX, Rev Hard, and Drag III, which one should I get for my 2000 Civic Si?
I would recommend researching reasearching and then when you think you're done, do some more research. Go to ********** . com there are always tons of really good threads in the forced induction forum. Most of those guys run Drag kits. I don't think it would be wise on your part to just choose a kit on what one or two people say is good. You have to decide pros and cons of each kit and decide what meets your needs the most!! If you want something that is easy to install and tune but doesn't offer extreme performance check out the greddy kit. If you want a kit that produces more power and is super upgradable but require much more attention then check out drag, rev hard, or f-max. You must decide what you are looking for in terms of performance, ease of operation, and $$. Good luck w/ whatever you decide to do!!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.