Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A have a 01 V6 Accord (auto of course) with INtake, headers, exhaust, I will be racing a Nissan Maxima 1997 Auto with Intake, y-pipe, cat-back exhaust, and some sort of valve body mod. Do you think I will be able to beat him? A friend of mine says that Maxima's are pretty fast. Let me know. Thanks

· Registered
13,201 Posts
From what I hear, I think the Maxima will win if you guys race. I could be wrong, but I read the 97 maximas are pretty fast. But you'll never know until you try.:D
~Jason

· Registered
33 Posts
v6accord said:
A have a 01 V6 Accord (auto of course) with INtake, headers, exhaust, I will be racing a Nissan Maxima 1997 Auto with Intake, y-pipe, cat-back exhaust, and some sort of valve body mod. Do you think I will be able to beat him? A friend of mine says that Maxima's are pretty fast. Let me know. Thanks
Gee, that car sounds almost like the same one I read about in the RSX forum. That 97 Maxima auto with pretty much similar mods waxed the RSX.

· Registered
217 Posts
I raced one in my GF's 6 sp celica GTS (CAI/EX) and I fucken whooped his ass, hehe. It was a 97 5 speed V6 maxima, we both launched even and then after that it was over, i just started pulling away. Those little GTS's are quick. I ran a 14.7 in that thing with just the CAI/ex on my 1st run with a bit of wheel hop through first (gtec, not real accurate but not bad). Ive raced a few newer V6 accords and have to say that the maxima puts up a better fight, but that is stock vs stock, i have on clue with your mods and all.

· Registered
2,046 Posts
i've raced several maximas in my eclipse if you can beat a eclipse you'll win becuase i've beat every one i raced but not by much.

· Premium Member
3,213 Posts
shiftkit said:
I raced one in my GF's 6 sp celica GTS (CAI/EX) and I fucken whooped his ass, hehe. It was a 97 5 speed V6 maxima, we both launched even and then after that it was over, i just started pulling away. Those little GTS's are quick. I ran a 14.7 in that thing with just the CAI/ex on my 1st run with a bit of wheel hop through first (gtec, not real accurate but not bad). Ive raced a few newer V6 accords and have to say that the maxima puts up a better fight, but that is stock vs stock, i have on clue with your mods and all.
yes they are fast, i raced one w/ my 94 gs-r at the track and he had CAI/Exh and went 14.4

· Registered
204 Posts
pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeze, that RSX driver must SUCK. They are quick but damn not like that my boy had a 96' and I beat him in my i4 accord with out me using nitrous. Iv'e beat all of the years with the audi 2.7t even the 2002 255 hp.

· Registered
10 Posts
Sorry, I think he's going to take you, but that could depend on where you start from. You should have a little more HP, but he weighs less. The VB mod is basically the same thing as a shift kit, it vastly improves and quickens the 1-2 shift and helps out with the 2-3 as well. From the line you'd probably lose, but you might have a shot on the highway.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.