Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Premium Member
13,998 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Whos going turbo?

Im basically getting ready for my turbo setup and install. Ive had enough of the n/a life.....

Anyone got any setups they have or want. Lets talk no big whoop.

·
Registered
38 Posts
This summer i am planning on going turbo. I have already started the basic prep work---fuel pump, FPR, fuel rail. Its gonna be custom, probably a t3/t4 hybrid or maybe a t3 w/an internal wastegate from a cyclone. I am gonna work my arse of this summer, i am hoping for 12's.:)

·
Registered
898 Posts
My setup is in my sig. Just gettin everything fixed that JG screwed up. $4500 later Read my other post for more info. last setup with a t3/t4 made 360 hp and 385 lbs to the wheels at 12 lbs. witha max boost of 22-25. New setup should give me way more. t60-1 turbonetics. Hopefully have my car back by the end of this week. will post pics soon.

·
Registered
41 Posts
mike_sho said:

Yeah how is hondata....

Also did you have to do anything special with the drag kit to get it on?
550cc + hondata idles better than my stock EUC + stock injectors. I use P75 that keeps my 8 runners open all the time, so my low end feels worse than 1.6L, but the high end pulls like mofo. You don't need to modify drag kit to use hondata, just don't install the fmu and inline fuel pump that come with the kit.

·
Premium Member
13,998 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
dangerzone said:

550cc + hondata idles better than my stock EUC + stock injectors. I use P75 that keeps my 8 runners open all the time, so my low end feels worse than 1.6L, but the high end pulls like mofo. You don't need to modify drag kit to use hondata, just don't install the fmu and inline fuel pump that come with the kit.
Cool you kinda answered a question i was going to ask , but how was the install of the drag kit. I heard some have to modify it to get it to fit?

·
Registered
948 Posts
Whos going? I've already GONE!

Current Engine:
Garret T04/T3e
Custom Tubular Manifold (from SFP)
Spearco Intercooler
Custom Intercooler piping
Custom Downpipe
HKS Blow-Off Valve
Turbonetics Deltagate External Wastegate
Vortech FMU
APEXi S-AFC Fuel Controller
APEXi AVC-R Boost Controller
Inline fuel pump
GReddy Turbo Timer
GReddy SP exhaust

@8-9psi:
244.3 HP
241.1 Ft-Lbs

To go on Feb 16 2002:
JE Pistons (8.9)
Crower Rods
APR Head Bolts
STR (?) Block Gaurd

To run @ 15 psi
and more- shady.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Re: Whos going? I've already GONE!

I thought H23 have closed deck. Why would you need Block Gaurd?? fill me in. :confused:
Last time I checked ARP didn't make head bolts for H22/H23. Maybe they do now. I wish I had a spare H23 block to build up. This is my daily car, I can't let it sit in the shop for 1 month.:(
TurboNOSlude said:
Current Engine:
Garret T04/T3e
Custom Tubular Manifold (from SFP)
Spearco Intercooler
Custom Intercooler piping
Custom Downpipe
HKS Blow-Off Valve
Turbonetics Deltagate External Wastegate
Vortech FMU
APEXi S-AFC Fuel Controller
APEXi AVC-R Boost Controller
Inline fuel pump
GReddy Turbo Timer
GReddy SP exhaust

@8-9psi:
244.3 HP
241.1 Ft-Lbs

To go on Feb 16 2002:
JE Pistons (8.9)
Crower Rods
APR Head Bolts
STR (?) Block Gaurd

To run @ 15 psi
and more- shady.

·
Registered
948 Posts
That's why there is a question mark... My tuning shop was going to research it. I never heard back from them on that. The rest of the parts are already paid for and on the way.

·
Registered
41 Posts
the installation is pain in the ass.:mad: the intercooler pipings didn't fit that well, I had to cut one of the pipes the make it fit. And what's up with no air fliter? That's very stupid thing of drag. Well, I knew it doesn't have air filter and don't fit that well. I had prepared for the worst.
Don't use the oil return lines that come with the drag. It's a POS. Go get yourself some Earl's fittings and SS briad hose. Took me and my friend a weekend to install it. Also, my appartnment manager was b!tching about I should work on my car in the parking lot. :p
mike_sho said:

Cool you kinda answered a question i was going to ask , but how was the install of the drag kit. I heard some have to modify it to get it to fit?

·
Registered
41 Posts
8.9cr seems a little low. Wanna consider little higher cr like 9.5. It will help turbo to spool faster and you need less boost to get to your goal.
more boost = more heat = less efficiency = less potential ower ;)
I think you might need some better fuel solution than FMU.

·
Registered
283 Posts
Slightly slow here...

I might sound retarded but is there any way of going turbo in 2 steps? Like bypassing the intercooler for a year till I can afford it?

·
Registered
41 Posts
Re: Slightly slow here...

You can do that. Just keep your boost low. Let's say no more than 5psi. Alot Non-turbo eclipses do that, their stage 1 kits(either HRC or Satr) don't come with intercooler. Which can be easier to install. The most pain in my installation was the intercooler pipings.
racerpunkX said:
I might sound retarded but is there any way of going turbo in 2 steps? Like bypassing the intercooler for a year till I can afford it?

·
Registered
321 Posts
Re: Whos going turbo?

mike_sho said:
Im basically getting ready for my turbo setup and install. Ive had enough of the n/a life.....

Anyone got any setups they have or want. Lets talk no big whoop.
although I don't have my turbo yet because i need to break in the engine...

·
Registered
482 Posts
Re: Slightly slow here...

racerpunkX said:
i think you will save money by waiting and actually getting the intercooler and do it all in one step.. but if u must go in 2 steps, then make sure ur piping from turbo (to the intercooler) to the throttle bottle goes to exactly where your intercooler will be, so u dont that piping and can just cut it so the intercooler fits, or slightly modify it. however, thats a bit hard to do if u dont know which cooler ur getting.

·
Registered
898 Posts
94SiSQO said:
btw, to those of you with turbos, what turbo u got and...

at what rpms does it turbo kick in, when do u reach full boost, and how long does boost hold until?

I don't have my car back from the shop yet, but I'm running a turbonetics T60-1. Starts spooling at 2500 or so I think, Max boost reached by 4000. Not sure about how long it holds till.

·
Registered
948 Posts
94SiSQO said:
btw, to those of you with turbos, what turbo u got and...

at what rpms does it turbo kick in, when do u reach full boost, and how long does boost hold until?

Garret T04/T3e- spoolling by 2.... full spool by 2,500. The turbo makes power all the way to rev-limiter.

1 - 20 of 53 Posts