Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking for some Wilwood front calipers for my 94, but I cant find any, is it because they dont make them, or am I not looking in the right place?
I was also thinking about trying some Nissin calipers from a Prelude on my car to see if they fit, anybody tried that yet?

·
Registered
513 Posts
I'm pretty sure wilwood make's them for the Accord. But I'm guessing it's kinda hard, since alot of people go for the AEM....I could be right.

I'm going for the AEM big brake kit as well too.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Never seen willwoods for accords before...

But KVR makes some called pythons I think.

·
Registered
420 Posts
Lord Accord said:
I am looking for some Wilwood front calipers for my 94, but I cant find any, is it because they dont make them, or am I not looking in the right place?
I was also thinking about trying some Nissin calipers from a Prelude on my car to see if they fit, anybody tried that yet?
willwood doesn't make anything for accords.

·
Registered
513 Posts
CD5 Sedan said:
well...here's something my friend did. on his prelude *92-96 model* he put on those beefy NSX calipers. i'm just assuming since suspension wise, those preludes are similar to 90-97 accords. with that in mind, you could incorporate NSX calipers. just a thought.
Yup, I think this is the BEST while saving the $$$ at the same time.....but it's easier if you got the ex accord. They also say "Acura" or "NSX" on the sides..i forget

They are red factory too.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Save yourself a lot of money but upgrade your front braking system with calipers from a 94 Legend LS and rotors from the 95 Accord V6. I did this transplant and it looks tight!! Not to mention the increased braking power.

Just to give you an idea, the entire setup fills the stock 15" alloys. The setup is the same as switching out the calipers for the NSX calipers, but the Legend calipers are cheaper. I got the idea from another SHO member on this web board.

The rotors are upgraded to 11.2" in diameter. The calipers mount on the stock caliper bracket and the 95 Accord V6 rotors are 4 lug (this is the only year that the V6 is 4 lug). Everything fits. Change the brake lines to stainless and be prepared with some shims for the caliper since they may be offset slightly.

·
Registered
116 Posts
I forget the exact number but I believe it is around 10 inches or so. Sorry I don't know it exactly.

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Well I emailed Wilwood and they said they dont make anything for accords, but something was in the works and to check back before the end of the year.

Hondaboy was there a significant diiference when you changed the rotors and calipers?
Did you have to modify antything?

·
Registered
36 Posts
accord club of LA/Montrose

sup party peoples.....sorry to jump in, i was just wondering if any body knew how i could get in touch with any type of Honda / Accord clubs in LA?

·
Registered
83 Posts
There are quite a few here in Oklahoma so there should be tons in LA. Use GOOGLE.com or post a new topic and ask the same question. Nobody will see your question burried in this thread.

·
Registered
36 Posts
dave94ex said:
There are quite a few here in Oklahoma so there should be tons in LA. Use GOOGLE.com or post a new topic and ask the same question. Nobody will see your question burried in this thread.
.........shit i don't even know how to post a new thread, i am surprised i a made it this far!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts